Precision vs Turbonetics

Hey Bison, what headgasket was on the GN that pushed 35-40psi, Cometic?

I guess if we're going to have the nuts to push these turbos to those levels we should be prepared. :cool:;)

Hey Bison, what headgasket was on the GN that pushed 35-40psi, Cometic?

I guess if we're going to have the nuts to push these turbos to those levels we should be prepared. :cool:;)

Copper. .041 wire in the block. Receiver groove in the head.

Brian,

How about some big head studs too?

Bolts on that one. I don't see the advantage to studs with iron heads/stock block other than thread longevity. The deck is weak and iron heads deflect on the intake side of the combustion chamber. Tom at champion has a nice solution to this for iron heads. Whenever ive hurt one it wasn't because of lack of clamping force.

and thats what I don't understand. Guys run whatever turbo an only run 15#s of boost :rolleyes: Not goin to push it go buy a Lincoln Town Car :p Drive it like ya stole it :biggrin:

Bolts on that one. I don't see the advantage to studs with iron heads/stock block other than thread longevity. The deck is weak and iron heads deflect on the intake side of the combustion chamber. Tom at champion has a nice solution to this for iron heads. Whenever ive hurt one it wasn't because of lack of clamping force.

2nd time I've heard that recently...

Hey USMC Turbo6?
It was great meeting you today at Majestic. Small world huh? You have a very nice car and combo to work with. Hope they get you taken care of with the paint work, from what I saw, they do some great work there.
Again, great to meet you man and thanks again for your service.

Patrick

The T-66 comes in "P" or "S" trim 6665 or 6668 if I am not mistaken.

I doubt a 6265 journal w/ .63 PTE will spool faster than the P trim 66(65) BB w/ .63 Tnetics (stock like)housing. I am comparing BB vs Journal. But, I am comparing the coin as well, $900 versus $1150 isn't much difference IMO.

Very true. A 6262 spools considerably faster on a 231ci than a 6265. I havent tested it but id bet that a 6262 journal will come up easier than a 6265BB. If not its the same or really close. If your goals are high 10's a 65 trim ex wheel is not necessary imo.

Hey USMC Turbo6?
It was great meeting you today at Majestic. Small world huh? You have a very nice car and combo to work with. Hope they get you taken care of with the paint work, from what I saw, they do some great work there.
Again, great to meet you man and thanks again for your service.

Patrick

The same here:biggrin: I hope that we can work something out and get the job done. I'm not worried about them be the wife and the price tag to get it done. Not looking for a show car but a nice all around car.

Can you elaborate on this some please?

The intake side of the combustion chamber gets hit with a mill straight down until it hits bottom. The hole is threaded and a bolt is threaded in and its screwed down till it preloads the surface about .001 outward. Then its cut flat. Call Tom he will advise.

I will post some pic of the turbo later today. Like Otto's said, all I'm looking for is 10.5 and to have it live. It's going to be a street car 99% of the time. Something I can hop in and drive 400 miles round trip if I wanted to, but still kick the Sh*t out of the one that think they are King Kong. The turbo that I do get needs to be a good turbo the will work well when I move up to a 4.1. ;)
Hey Turbo6...I just happen to be surfing the forum, and i know its been over 1yr since you wrote this......But i gotta ask you....Were you referring to me? When you said" you wanna kick the shit out of the one that think they are King Kong" After all that is my name on the forum, and if you was referring to me when you was talking w/Otto I think i have a right to know.......So tell me. That way i can either ignore what you said about King kong, or go in on you Jersey style :eek:

Hey Turbo6...I just happen to be surfing the forum, and i know its been over 1yr since you wrote this......But i gotta ask you....Were you referring to me? When you said" you wanna kick the shit out of the one that think they are King Kong" After all that is my name on the forum, and if you was referring to me when you was talking w/Otto I think i have a right to know.......So tell me. That way i can either ignore what you said about King kong, or go in on you Jersey style :eek:
This will NOT happen. Either take it to PM's or suffer the consequences.:mad:

To ALL our GN brothers and sisters out there on the forum.....USMC Turbo6 and I have came to the conclusion that it was a misunderstanding between us, and both of our last post in this thread. Turbo6 and I are GN brothers just like the rest of us. And futhermore our sole mission is to kick the SHIT out of any Rustang, Vette, and or any Fart can exhaust Import that gets in our way!!!!! Just alittle friendly fire....Thank God there were no casualties....IN BUICK WE TRUST!!!! :D