Precision vs Turbonetics

But I also want a turbo that's going to work good on my 4.1 when that time comes. I just got a 3200 NLU so the converter thing is done. When the time comes and the 4.1 is done I want to get into the low 10's to the high 9's. I want to buy a new turbo one time and one time only.

But I also want a turbo that's going to work good on my 4.1 when that time comes. I just got a 3200 NLU so the converter thing is done. When the time comes and the 4.1 is done I want to get into the low 10's to the high 9's. I want to buy a new turbo one time and one time only.

Then save your money and keep your 70, that will work well on your 4.1

the converter will likely need to be adjusted if you are running it on a different combo.

Spend the money from the turbo towards the 4.1 and get it done that much quicker.
Deal with the convertor/turbo combo until the 4.1 is done and deal with
the stall then.

Ya we could joke and say that Supra's probably a high 10 car but not anymore with the Quick Spool Valve and these turbos spooling faster than ever. Leaving at 480wtq @3900rpm can put the hurt on the 60ft times, they've closed the gap on us. :mad:

I have a car with a 6262 that i know i can get 600 RWHP out of.As i stated at 22#s it has already made 545RWHP.
Being that it is a factory unopened shortblock I doubt the owner will let me turn it up quite that far.

I will though within the next few weeks be running a 6265 or a 6262 ( cant remember which one i put on this car) on top of a stroked,custom cammed, champion ported aluminum headed RPE motor.
This motor will obviously be the all out test for a 62MM turbo and I am guessing I will be running into a back pressure issue pretty quickly.
I am sure he will up the turbo to a 67 though soon enough.

I will be tuning another i am putting together now which is a stock internal short block,champion iron heads,comp cam(;)) champion intake with a billet DBB 6765.
This should be interesting as he wants it turned up!!!

The 62/65 has plenty of data out there to prove it can make power, just not a ton on here. Anyone thinking the 62/65 is a high 10 turbo does not have an ear in the Import market, here's just one link of a Supra at 700whp and 700wtq at 31psi. Also shows how effective the Quick Spool Valve works and it's an E85 car.
Quick Spool Valve Results with Precision 6265 Billet on Supra

Understand one thing though which is a HUGE difference.
They are running a killer 4 bolt exhaust housing. On a Buick with the
small 3 bolt housings backpressure will be a big issue on a motor trying to flow the air needed to make that power.
The 1.00 4 bolt housings give them an advantage there.

Ya we could joke and say that Supra's probably a high 10 car but not anymore with the Quick Spool Valve and these turbos spooling faster than ever. Leaving at 480wtq @3900rpm can put the hurt on the 60ft times, they've closed the gap on us. :mad:

Big time with that. I know that we have some smart guy that can come up with something to keep us on top or even in the game. We have all kinds of cars taking shoots at us. So it's time to lock yourself in the shop and come up with something new. :biggrin:

Big time with that. I know that we have some smart guy that can come up with something to keep us on top or even in the game. We have all kinds of cars taking shoots at us. So it's time to lock yourself in the shop and come up with something new. :biggrin:

A reasonably priced 4 bolt header/downpipe/ wastegate combo

A reasonably priced 4 bolt header/downpipe/ wastegate combo

TRUE, Just need someone with the ideal of how it should be done, someone with the fab skill to make it, and a company willing to make it. An it not cost a arm and a leg to buy;). If I had the fab skills and help I would try it myself:cool: Otto's you have the ideal why not try to make it and sell it to one of the muffler companys or something. Never know it just mya make you a Millionaier.

To give you an idea, I ran 10.80@124 on an unopened factory long block in a TTA that had a raceweight of 3750lbs with a 6262. This was at 30lbs of boost. I never had it dynoed so I have no idea what the HP is.

But I also ran ran a 10.87@125.8 in my factory unopened GN with a old school 63E at 30lbs of boost. The race weight is 3700lbs in that one. Both had almost the exact same 60ft. The Billet 6262 reminds me a lot of my 63E.

To give you an idea, I ran 10.80@124 on an unopened factory long block in a TTA that had a raceweight of 3750lbs with a 6262. This was at 30lbs of boost. I never had it dynoed so I have no idea what the HP is.

But I also ran ran a 10.87@125.8 in my factory unopened GN with a old school 63E at 30lbs of boost. The race weight is 3700lbs in that one. Both had almost the exact same 60ft. The Billet 6262 reminds me a lot of my 63E.
That old 63 will make more power than the 6262 but will require a better converter to deal with the larger turbine and the need to couple effectively up top.

The 62/65 has plenty of data out there to prove it can make power, just not a ton on here. Anyone thinking the 62/65 is a high 10 turbo does not have an ear in the Import market, here's just one link of a Supra at 700whp and 700wtq at 31psi. Also shows how effective the Quick Spool Valve works and it's an E85 car.
Quick Spool Valve Results with Precision 6265 Billet on Supra
that supra likely has at least 50whp more in it with the wastegate capped off. E85 vs anything that runs 93/alky is a weak comparison. E85 would be built around higher compression and more timing. Youre not going to find many on here with the balls to run it for all it's worth.

I agree Otto, to really make these new turbos shine we need "A reasonably priced 4 bolt header/downpipe/ wastegate combo". TA at least has something for us but until we all are running them, we're not going to see the true potential of these turbos and now the Supras have similar 60ft times with that QSV and a WAY larger exhaust housing.:frown:

I'd bet that Supra has much more than 50whp left in it, it's only running 31psi, those guys don't buy 30psi gauges which is why they knew it was 31psi.
Whats considered High Boost?
Read post #5 and how 50psi to 60 have been reached in the shop Supras. :eek:

Regardless, Otto already has a billet PTE62 turbo at 545whp that he thinks can go 600whp, that's only good for high 10's I guess in some tuners eyes??

The 6262 will run high tens on an unopened engine. Who here has the balls to turn it up? It will easily make 35-40psi on a 231ci. I've done it though not purposely.