Precision vs Turbonetics

Precision no doubt is on the cutting edge of technology however they need to work customer support.

My experience: I had a 3 month old turbo and the seal started going. They fixed it but not without a BIG hassle. Switch to Turbonetics. The 66bb spools crazy fast!

Precision no doubt is on the cutting edge of technology however they need to work customer support.

My experience: I had a 3 month old turbo and the seal started going. They fixed it but not without a BIG hassle. Switch to Turbonetics. The 66bb spools crazy fast!

Do you like the turbonetice better than the Precision turbo that you had?

My experience: I had a 3 month old turbo and the seal started going. They fixed it but not without a BIG hassle.

When was this?

The comparison is apples to oranges. I had a journal 60 and stepped up to a 66BB. I did not want a big turbo but they all cost approximately the same, so I purchased the 66. I do like the 66 a lot! Once a new converter is installed I'll like it more.

Well still up in the air some say CPT 66, Some PTE 6765, and others say keep what you have. Only time will tell and getting the Alky tune for the car.

Well still up in the air some say CPT 66, Some PTE 6765, and others say keep what you have. Only time will tell and getting the Alky tune for the car.

Why are you switching turbos? What's your current et and mph? What converter are you running?

I have always used PTE turbos and had good luck with them. I decided to try a Turbonetics 66BB because I got a smoking deal on it. Someday I may switch that Tnetics 66BB for a PTE6765 or 6466 unit when funds permit. But I have had 5 PTE units and one Tnetics unit. I have been happy with both so far.

Honestly, the turbo he has can make great power but is a dinosaur IMO especially on a street car. spool up will not be great.

With his combo I would throw on a 6265, will make 10 sec power all day long and spool wicked fast in comparison.
Heck if its a real old 70 it may only be capable of what the 6265 is now.

Honestly, the turbo he has can make great power but is a dinosaur IMO especially on a street car. spool up will not be great.

With his combo I would throw on a 6265, will make 10 sec power all day long and spool wicked fast in comparison.
Heck if its a real old 70 it may only be capable of what the 6265 is now.

I will post some pic of the turbo later today. Like Otto's said, all I'm looking for is 10.5 and to have it live. It's going to be a street car 99% of the time. Something I can hop in and drive 400 miles round trip if I wanted to, but still kick the Sh*t out of the one that think they are King Kong. The turbo that I do get needs to be a good turbo the will work well when I move up to a 4.1. ;)

IMO comparing a PTE 62/65 to a T66/76 isn't a hard decision. Aside from the bearing difference the billet 62 will spool faster making more mid power and a hair more up top. Then the 65 has replaced the 76 because it spools about the same while making more power.

If you compared the PTE62/65 to the T64/65 you'd be at least modern vs modern and that still isn't that fair due to comp size.

6765 is what I'd want for a 4.1. However, you can still go with the 6265 now and try it on the 4.1. 545rwhp is very close to what you want. How long before you build the 4.1? If you don't like it or want more you can do what you're doing now...sell it.:cool:

IMO comparing a PTE 62/65 to a T66/76 isn't a hard decision. Aside from the bearing difference the billet 62 will spool faster making more mid power and a hair more up top. Then the 65 has replaced the 76 because it spools about the same while making more power.

The T-66 comes in "P" or "S" trim 6665 or 6668 if I am not mistaken.

I doubt a 6265 journal w/ .63 PTE will spool faster than the P trim 66(65) BB w/ .63 Tnetics (stock like)housing. I am comparing BB vs Journal. But, I am comparing the coin as well, $900 versus $1150 isn't much difference IMO.

I ordered a 6262 journal two years ago and liked it. I fully support both company's! Thanks what you do for the Turbo Buick community.:cool:

Joe

6765 is what I'd want for a 4.1. However, you can still go with the 6265 now and try it on the 4.1. 545rwhp is very close to what you want. How long before you build the 4.1? If you don't like it or want more you can do what you're doing now...sell it.:cool:

I'm working on the 4.1 now. Its slow going but I'm working on it now.

I can vouch for the 6265DBB with the S cover.
Nice turbo.

Another local guy here, Flaco, has the same turbo and pretty much the same combo as I do. At 24lbs and not much tweaking to the tune...he ran an 11.30at 120mph without brake boosting......just mashed it on the green light...:D...

Spoolfool2 is running 10.70's with his combo and a 6265DBB.

What is the going rate for a 6265DBB and a 6765DBB thing are looking good for a upgrade. I know the price of the CPT-66

I have a similar combo and debated the same thing over the winter. In my Red T I have Champion irons and matched intake, 206 roller, 3200ish converter. Last year with a CPT61BB and a CAS V4 IC I went 11.0@121 with 24psi boost. I wanted to go faster and upgraded to a nice FMIC (Cottons) and found a great deal on a used, almost new, CPT66BB. I'll see how the converter works out, but I should be good for mid to upper 10s. On the Precision side the 6265DBB was a turbo I was looking at and should be more fun on the street with quicker spool vs the CPT66BB and also put me in a similar power level. Hard to compare since I got a great deal on the used CPT66BB, but as far as new vs new I would probably go for the Precision as they are similar prices.

I have to agree with you and others as far as the CPT70BB. If your goal is only mid 10s with great street manners, you can go smaller with better spool which will be better for the street. More options with a lower stall converter that works well too.

As far as a 6765DBB, that is more of a low 10/high 9 sec turbo and requires more stall. I think the 6265DBB fits your combo better for a mid 10sec turbo for the street.

otto,thats what i thought as well and i haven't seen any 62/65's run low 10's on a buick yet.maybe because the turbo is relatively to new but i was told it was realistically a high 10 sec wheel as the 66p is regarded as a low 10 second wheel.