Precision vs Turbonetics

USMC_Turbo6

Which is the better turbo the precision DBB 6265S or the turbonetics CPT 66 BB with a P-trim wheel:confused:? An why is one better than the other:rolleyes:?

Either are good units.
I prefer the billet wheel Precision stuff.
Precision also has been putting alot of effort into the Buick community
something I do not see turbonetics doing another reason
i will support Precision.

With the new technology Billet wheels from Precision you will
see output of their smaller series 62 though 67 wheel stuff
put the other brands to shame along with quicker spoolup.

Hope this helps

I have been eyeing the precision chargers for a while now. Im wanting a dbb unit but cant decide between the 62 or 67. Car will be mostly for street with the occasional trip to the strip.

tnetics also has billet wheels,a full 1 year warranty,and seem to be less coin.the 62/65 has a smaller comp wheel than the tnetics 66,but both are relatively the same on the turbine(65 is replacement for the ptrim wheel).

Precision all the way....

62 for ten second street car

67 for nine second street car..

Either way you can't loose

tnetics also has billet wheels,a full 1 year warranty,and seem to be less coin.the 62/65 has a smaller comp wheel than the tnetics 66,but both are relatively the same on the turbine(65 is replacement for the ptrim wheel).

I agree.

I recently purchased the T-66 Ball Bearing unit with the .63 Tnetics exhaust housing, similar to the Garret .63

Tnetics balances the assembled cartridge at high speed in a computerized VSR (Vibration Sorting Rig) machine. Add in a built in oil filter, big shaft, polished cover, no need for coolant lines and a full 1 year warranty.:cool:

The resale on these turbo's are questionable however. With all this being said, whatever you get a better deal on is what I would go with.

Joe

I agree.

I recently purchased the T-66 Ball Bearing unit with the .63 Tnetics exhaust housing, similar to the Garret .63

Tnetics balances the assembled cartridge at high speed in a computerized VSR (Vibration Sorting Rig) machine. Add in a built in oil filter, big shaft, polished cover, no need for coolant lines and a full 1 year warranty.:cool:

The resale on these turbo's are questionable however. With all this being said, whatever you get a better deal on is what I would go with.

Joe

I have never heard of a Precision Turbo being out of balance and am sure they have state of the art balancing equipment.
Also the new Precision Ball Bearing turbos no longer require coolant lines and are dual ball bearing compared to the T netics single ball bearing.

Also, if you look at the buick oiling system all oil going into your turbo is filtered. the T netics do install a screen in their inlet fitting.
A filter is really only required if your motor is coming apart,there should be nothing in you oiling system that can hurt a turbo.

Why not compare turbos of the same size instead of a 62mm vs 66mm?
PTE has a new 66mm that makes crazy hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all billet compressor wheels are not created equal either. The PTE wheels kill the garrett wheels for HP MM for MM. Also the PTE 65 turbine wheel is bigger than the P-Trim and spools better. No contest for me PTE all the way. We just put a PTE 55MM billet turbo on a 1100CC snowmobile and made over 400 HP
Mike

OK so PTE makes a DBB 66 what is the cost of it. I'm looking to step down in turbo size from my t70bb. An have a buget of about 1500 after I sell a few parts on here. So can tell me who to call and is that a good size to step down to. look for mid 10's and a good acting turbo on the street I have a few car i need to kill:)

I think a better question is why you are changing turbos at all? :confused:

It could be a waste of $1500. :eek:

I have never heard of a Precision Turbo being out of balance and am sure they have state of the art balancing equipment.
Also the new Precision Ball Bearing turbos no longer require coolant lines and are dual ball bearing compared to the T netics single ball bearing.

Also, if you look at the buick oiling system all oil going into your turbo is filtered. the T netics do install a screen in their inlet fitting.
A filter is really only required if your motor is coming apart,there should be nothing in you oiling system that can hurt a turbo.

Thanks Otto. :D

I was unaware concerning the newer PTE ball bearing turbo's coolant design. I purchased the new T-66 BB for $1150 I thought that was a decent price for a new BB turbo w/ garret like housing:) that did not require coolant lines. What is the price of the newer PTE ball bearing turbo's with this no coolant line design?

Joe

From what I understand and I could be wrong the t70 need about a 34-3500 stall. I think and Have been told that's a lot of stall for the street. So I was thinking putting a smaller turbo in and running a 3200 NLU converter which is better on the street.

I would look into the 6265sp, jb or dbb, .85. Should fit your cars combo well and have the street manners you want. Now boost will most likely be in the 30psi range to get the time slip you are looking to get.

OK so PTE makes a DBB 66 what is the cost of it. I'm looking to step down in turbo size from my t70bb. An have a buget of about 1500 after I sell a few parts on here. So can tell me who to call and is that a good size to step down to. look for mid 10's and a good acting turbo on the street I have a few car i need to kill:)

Actually, the new turbo that Harry spoke of yesterday at Caspers's open house, was the new 6466 turbo that is coming out. It features a 64mm compressor wheel and a newly designed 66mm turbine wheel. This turbo will fall between the current 6265 and the 6765 unit. No horsepower figures / results have been posted yet and pricing has yet to be determined. As mentioned yesterday, this unit is scheduled for release in the May / June time frame. I will make sure to post more info about it, once it becomes available.

With regards to your combination, if I had to spec a turbo today, for your given goals, it would absolutely be our Billet CEA 6765 turbo, featuring our air cooled dual ceramic ball bearing cartridge. This turbo would definitely spool up faster and easily support mid to low 10's on a purpose built combo. I concur about the .85 A/R housing if you're wanting mid to low 10's. A true 3200 - 3300 stall non lock up converter would work very well with this turbo. Even though the 6265 will make the power to support mid 10's, you would need to run the boost up there to make it happen. (28-30psi range)

With regards to who's product is better, I can tell you, there are tremendous differences between our CEA billet compressor wheel technology and our competitors billet wheel equipped turbos. Not all billet wheels are the same. We were the first to bring true performance designed billet compressor wheel technology to market. Our in house designer Dan Barlog, spends a lot of time working on our CEA wheels. The aerodynamic properties that he has put into the CEA wheels, are way ahead of the competition. And he is constantly evolving our technology.

This design work will be spreading to our new turbine wheels as well. So there's a lot more coming from us than just the CEA compressor wheels. As of now, I do have the new 2011 Precision Turbo catalog that I can send out to anyone in a PDF format. Just send me an email and I'll email it over. Also, I will be sure to pass along all the updates about our newest turbos, just as soon as they are released. As always, we greatly appreciate your continued support and your business.

Patrick

Actually, the new turbo that Harry spoke of yesterday at Caspers's open house, was the new 6466 turbo that is coming out. It features a 64mm compressor wheel and a newly designed 66mm turbine wheel. This turbo will fall between the current 6265 and the 6765 unit. No horsepower figures / results have been posted yet and pricing has yet to be determined. As mentioned yesterday, this unit is scheduled for release in the May / June time frame. I will make sure to post more info about it, once it becomes available.

Patrick

I have a perfect ported steel headed and also a ported aluminum headed car(s) here that would love to be tortured with the new 64mm unit Patrick.

I will be dynoing a Champion Iron headed, hydro roller with a 6765 by next week.
PS did that unit ship yet?

I was ready to run hte balls off your 6262 the other day but did not have enough fuel i the car to push it past 22#s, though we made 545 RWHP at 22#s with it:eek:

I was ready to run hte balls off your 6262 the other day but did not have enough fuel i the car to push it past 22#s, though we made 545 RWHP at 22#s with it:eek:

That's promising to hear!! :biggrin: What injectors were used during those pulls?

Thanks,

As of now, I do have the new 2011 Precision Turbo catalog that I can send out to anyone in a PDF format. Just send me an email and I'll email it over. Also, I will be sure to pass along all the updates about our newest turbos, just as soon as they are released. As always, we greatly appreciate your continued support and your business.

Patrick

Patrick,

You have your email incorrectly entered in the contact section of your profile.
The extension on the domain name is wrong.