Precision Turbo Billet Wheel Information

Maybe my HP numbers are off somewhat, I am using a conventional MPH/ET/HP calculator. My goal is a 9.75@139 with a 1.50 60' at 26-28psi.

Car is 3400lbs. Engine combo is 30 over 109/RJC Girdle/Full Port GN1s. TH-400 Hipster converter (for now) Consensus is the 109 will live in this range with out replacing blocks every 6 months.

So what is a realistic FWHP number I should be using?

Bison, what is the ballpark backpressure of a TSM setup running 9.70s @ 26psi on a 3-bolt? Information I received is around 35-38psi. Is this correct?

About 715fwhp to go 139 mph at 3400lbs. Its hard to say with any accuracy the backpressure since that info is usually kept secret. Ill say that any of the top 3 or 4 TSM guys will go a lot faster than 9.70's at 26 psi. I believe they have to weigh 3550+ in TSM. Someone else can chime in on the weight. For the typical TSM build that runs 140mph id guess the backpressure would be over 45psi if the car was legal weight. Ive heard of crazy numbers over 70psi for 150mph. Not sure if they are true but i wouldnt doubt it. 150mph is 935fwhp. Ill data log my backpressures when i get the new engines in the cars with different trim turbos to see what they actually are. I was getting some boost drop off when i was at 29psi or more with an internal gate and a lot of tension on the high boost actuator.

I know I'm a little behind on getting our billet 6768 installed, but I'm hoping to have some info. soon...

K.

Any updates ? I just ordered a 6768 dbb billet turbo with H cover and .63 A/R hope its as good as everyone thinks it will be :D

Any updates ? I just ordered a 6768 dbb billet turbo with H cover and .63 A/R hope its as good as everyone thinks it will be :D

why get that big of a turbo and opt for the biggest compressor (H) housing then opt for the smallest exhaust housing(.63)? Just trying to understand your decision, not saying its good or bad here.

why get that big of a turbo and opt for the biggest compressor (H) housing then opt for the smallest exhaust housing(.63)? Just trying to understand your decision, not saying its good or bad here.

Where The turbo will spool faster ... This is a street car and I dont plan on seeing high RPM with this engine. I do have a set of massaged DSL heads that will be going on soon with a small 212/212 roller but i wont to see what it will do with just an upgraded turbo and a 3300 PTS 9x11

I am guessing with the stock long block he does not think the motor has the RPM or Velocity potential to maximize the bigger turbine housing.
To be honest I wonder if it would be better with the 65 turbine wheel...

We're trying to go to Darlington with it Saturday July 11th. You've ordered the same turbo as ours minus the DBB option. Ours is a full weight, all options, A/C, etc. street car as well.

K.