Precision Turbo Billet Wheel Information

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
Conversation with Justin @ Precision Turbo 1-22-09

Chris and I called Precision Turbo on Friday to get some pricing information on 76MM Turbos. We found out we could get them with the GTS or GT42 Hot Side, Journal or Ball Bearing and Billet or Cast Compressor Wheel. After taking some notes on the pricing and options we took a moment to ask Justin about the Billet Compressor Wheel line up.

He mentioned the improved aerodynamics of the Billet Wheels and that they are designed in house. Justin also touted the additional strength of the billet wheel. As anyone who knows me can attest I am very curious about racing news/gossip and product development so I asked for a break down of the billet wheel line up.

These are the wheels currently offered:
60, 62, 71, 76, 88, 90, 94, 106 and 114

These are the wheels in development or pre production:
55, 58, 67, 72, 74 and 98

It sounds like within the year Precision Turbo will have a billet compressor for almost every application. It was mentioned that the Billet 62 Wheel was making similar if not more power than the cast 67 Wheel. He also mentioned that the 72 and 74 were specifically being designed for FWD Import Drag Classes.

I hope to have some real world testing data from my 6265 for you soon.

Best regards

Yup they finally graduated to making their own wheels now. When I was there, they were only beginning to think about doing that on a regular basis. The billet wheels rock.

Hi John, any ball park prices for a billet 62/62? Thanks, Phil.

Phil,

Thanks for asking but I am not a vendor, although I have thought about becoming one.
Holly Hartline gave me a really good deal on my turbo, I would recommend calling her and seeing what she can do for you.

Best regards,

i have heard rumors that a billet wheel will also be offered for a 70 in the near future. Has anyone else heard of this, or the ones that you mentioned John are definetely the only ones.

Adrian

It has been tested but doesn't seem ready to be released... The 70!

Call Jay at Bigwood, he could help you too!

Hmmm so does that mean it is a great improvement over the cast wheel.

I have been wondering what type of difference there would be between a 70 billet and a 71 billet. The thing that makes me scratch my head is that the TSM guys didn't go to the 71's, but stuck to the 70's.

Any input?

Conversation with Justin @ Precision Turbo 1-22-09

These are the wheels currently offered:
60, 62, 71, 76, 88, 90, 94, 106 and 114

These are the wheels in development or pre production:
55, 58, 67, 72, 74 and 98

Best regards

Great info... Hoping to try my 62 soon... Neat... I wonder if the 55 would be comparable to the GT3255?

There is a 67 wheel as well. Harry had one when I saw him at Richard Clark's event.

Billet Wheel Turbos

The 6262 and 6265 Billet Wheel Turbos are already out and we have already sold several. If you want pricing on these, please feel free to give us a call.

The 6765 Billet Wheel turbos are supposed released at the end of this month. PTE is currently taking Pre-orders for these, we currently have several customers on the waiting list, call us if you wish to get your name on this list!!

The 71 Billet Wheel Turbos are SOON to be released!!
We took a look at this turbo at the PRI Show in December.

For more Info on any of these turbos or want to order one, give us a call at 321-722-1563.

Thanks,
Holly
Hartline Performance

Hartlines did me good. Give 'em a call. 6262 will be rockin and rollin in the spring!!

Would the 6262 make a good street turbo for stock long block? Is this a big step or a little step up from my TE44? thanks.

Billet Wheel Turbos

The 6262 and 6265 Billet Wheel Turbos are currently available.
The 6765 & 6768 (67HPQ) Billet Wheel Turbos are supposed to be released in approximately two weeks. We are currently taking Pre-Orders for these turbos. If you wish to order put your name on the Pre-order list, please feel free to call us at 321-722-1563.
Thank you,
Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance

Would the 6262 make a good street turbo for stock long block? Is this a big step or a little step up from my TE44? thanks.

The TE44 Turbo is a 565 hp Turbo
The New 6262 Billet Wheel Turbo is a 670 hp turbo

The 6262 would be a good street turbo provided your converter has the proper stall for this turbo.
If you would like more info, please feel free to give us a call at 321-722-1563

Thank you,
Holly Hartline
Hartline Performance

From what I understand one major advantage of the billet wheel is how fast it spools. It is not so much the peak HP but how fast you get peak boost. Creates more power at a lower RPM than comparably sized cast wheel- just my $.02

My 6262 is just waiting for the engine bay reassembly in the next few weeks. Snow should be melted by late april. More reports to come.

1 quik 6, your power assumptions are not accurate to what is being seen on vehicles. A dyno graph clearly showed the Billet 62mm turbo making more power than the cast 67mm turbo, it spooled WAY faster and made more power.

AMS has already dyno'd the Billet 67 turbo in a T3 .82 housing and at 40psi it made 824awhp to all 4 wheels, it's a winner and makes a lot more power than the Billet 62.

1 quik 6, your power assumptions are not accurate to what is being seen on vehicles. A dyno graph clearly showed the Billet 62mm turbo making more power than the cast 67mm turbo, it spooled WAY faster and made more power.

I agree with you but I must be miscommunicating. I was trying to say that you should look at more than just peak hp but also how quick it gets there. I origionally ordered a 6162 and exchanged it for a 6262. The 6162 would be capable of supplying plenty of air to my (at that time) stock longblock. I just wanted to get to that peak faster.

Now my new longblock should take all the air that 6262 is going to give it. Should be fun! Sorry if what I said earlier sounded wrong.