Precision Turbo Billet Wheel Information

John, thanks for the update from Harry. I ordered the turbo threw Buschur Racing. I know he prob gets 50 turbos a year from Precision so hopefully it gets done and sent out to us sooner. I also seen Red A. today who said he spoke to you awhile back about some turbos.

Brian

We will be bringing a 58mm billet wheel turbo to Bowling Green along with a bunch of other billet turbos. This turbo is rated at 605hp. Stop by our tent if you wish to check them out or purchase one.

We will be bringing a 58mm billet wheel turbo to Bowling Green along with a bunch of other billet turbos. This turbo is rated at 605hp. Stop by our tent if you wish to check them out or purchase one.

Cal,

Let me test one for you!!!:biggrin:

58-57

just got my 58-57 bb billet wheel two weeks ago hope to have it installed for the memorial day drags if all the extras make it.Justin at precision was a lot of help

Guys,

I found this information on another site posted by a board member.
I hope it helps you in your decision on what billet wheel turbo you want to play with.

HP Technology Series PTE Billet Compressor wheel 58/57
Precision est. 605hp
58mm compressor wheel
57mm turbine wheel

HP Technology Series PTE Billet Compressor wheel 60/57
Precision est. 630hp
60mm compressor wheel
57mm turbine wheel

HP Technology Series PTE Billet Compressor wheel 60/62
Precision est. 650hp
60mm compressor wheel
62mm turbine wheel

HP Technology Series PTE Billet Compressor wheel 62/35R
Precision est. 670hp
62mm compressor wheel
82mm GT35R turbine wheel

HP Technology Series PTE Billet Compressor wheel 62/62
Precision est. 670hp
62mm compressor wheel
62mm turbine wheel

HP Technology Series PTE Billet Compressor wheel 62/65
Precision est. 680hp
62mm compressor wheel
65mm turbine wheel

HP Technology Series PTE Billet Compressor wheel 67/65
Precision est. 900hp
67mm compressor wheel
65mm turbine wheel

Read sig below, I don;t see what all the hyp is about from these new turbos..........

Read sig below, I don;t see what all the hyp is about from these new turbos..........

When there is any new product there is marketing around it.

These wheels from what I am told are proprietary designs
that because of the billet material's strenght can be designed
more aggressively and with less material / weight.

We should have a bunch of guys running 9's on 6765's this year based on all the hype. I really hope so BUT i understand what it to run numbers like that. Add in the fact that some of the guys on here think you can "grow" into a turbo and you can eliminate a lot of the potential. I sure hope i see these numbers because i will be able to move a lot of these types of turbos into the racing community and not Buicks with our 3 bolt antiquated crap either.

I know I'm a little behind on getting our billet 6768 installed, but I'm hoping to have some info. soon...

K.

Anyone have real world numbers on these? Sounds like the same hype that goes on around here for every other new product. If someone with the resources wants to send me one, I will do a back to back comparison between the trusty old 70GTQ and this new 67 billet deal. I did the same with a HPQ and GTQ and saw no gains at my level.

hi gang
it would be interesting to see results on single change events, i.e., older tech turbo to new equipment. there are enough new turbos on the track now to analyse improvement or status quo on this new gear. our economy was built on marketing. e.t. improvements are the real test, if done just one change at a time. then we will all know if 2 tenths is worth $2grand. it might be a lot cheaper to take weight out.
i sure would like to know.

bob coffman

hi gang
it would be interesting to see results on single change events, i.e., older tech turbo to new equipment. there are enough new turbos on the track now to analyse improvement or status quo on this new gear. our economy was built on marketing. e.t. improvements are the real test, if done just one change at a time. then we will all know if 2 tenths is worth $2grand. it might be a lot cheaper to take weight out.
i sure would like to know.

bob coffman

I agree completely. I've been out of this game for about 5 years now, and I'm confused as I can be on turbos now. I have to buy one because my stocker is toast. I (like most of us) want to go as fast as possible and want the most bang for my buck, but I don't wanna spend a TON of unnecessary $'s.

I love the idea of a turbo whether it be BB or whatever that will work well with the stock converter. My tranny works really good and I'm afraid I take it out, put in converter, big turbo, BROKE tranny. That's what happened last car I did. :(

I agree completely. I've been out of this game for about 5 years now, and I'm confused as I can be on turbos now. I have to buy one because my stocker is toast. I (like most of us) want to go as fast as possible and want the most bang for my buck, but I don't wanna spend a TON of unnecessary $'s.

I love the idea of a turbo whether it be BB or whatever that will work well with the stock converter. My tranny works really good and I'm afraid I take it out, put in converter, big turbo, BROKE tranny. That's what happened last car I did. :(

May I suggest a TA-49 for you, sir? ;)

I am in a pickle of decision myself. My car has been down since October 2007. I have spent all of 2009 getting it street worthy. It is coming out of the body shop in two weeks. I am anxious about enjoying it again.

I need a turbo in two weeks. With the advent of the new billet wheel my turbo decision looms. I want to use a turbo that can make 850 plus HP. The new 70 series are from what I heard being tested and due to market in like 4 weeks with performance numbers that rival last years versions.

Should I wait for the new 70 series turbo? Or just pick up the 71HPQ that has the older style billet wheel, with the HPQ exhaust. What do you guys think?

How are people doing with the 70HPQ? Would you buy now or play the waiting game?

I would list the rest of the combo and go tangential 4 bolt for sure if you want to come anywhere near that hp rating. At that point you should just go with a GTS or HPS turbine since you will have the room for it in the 4 bolt housing. 70 HPQ has been over 150mph in TSM trim. Most non heads up racers achieve around 140mph with it run hard on a 3 bolt setup. So over 750hp. I honestly dont see the billet wheel version of this turbo making 100hp more under the same conditions and tune. It seems very far fetched that there would be a 100hp gain from a compressor wheel design and material change when the biggest problem at that hp level is the excess backpressure. I think you should get a turbo asap and use your screen name as advice.

Maybe my HP numbers are off somewhat, I am using a conventional MPH/ET/HP calculator. My goal is a 9.75@139 with a 1.50 60' at 26-28psi.

Car is 3400lbs. Engine combo is 30 over 109/RJC Girdle/Full Port GN1s. TH-400 Hipster converter (for now) Consensus is the 109 will live in this range with out replacing blocks every 6 months.

So what is a realistic FWHP number I should be using?

Bison, what is the ballpark backpressure of a TSM setup running 9.70s @ 26psi on a 3-bolt? Information I received is around 35-38psi. Is this correct?

Maybe my HP numbers are off somewhat, I am using a conventional MPH/ET/HP calculator. My goal is a 9.75@139 with a 1.50 60' at 26-28psi.

Car is 3400lbs. Engine combo is 30 over 109/RJC Girdle/Full Port GN1s. TH-400 Hipster converter (for now) Consensus is the 109 will live in this range with out replacing blocks every 6 months.

So what is a realistic FWHP number I should be using?

Bison, what is the ballpark backpressure of a TSM setup running 9.70s @ 26psi on a 3-bolt? Information I received is around 35-38psi. Is this correct?

I am in the exact same boat as you are as far as your goals GNDriven. I have been 10.0@138 several times with that sorry 1.50 60ft off the foot brake with a 2004r. I know its gonna take a MUCH better 60ft or ALOT more hp to get 9.7s. The mph is very possible to run 9.7s though. I have seen 9.6s@137 with cars that stand on the back bumper almost and 1.3 60 fts.

As far as the TSM turbos go. I have had the billet GTQ71 on order from Precision now for over a month and Im told its gonna be worth the wait. Rumors are saying 2 to 4 weeks now. My current turbo (GT70 P trim from Limit)is great but it just doesnt have the power capability to run deep 9s without a GREAT 60 ft.

Im prob waisting my time waiting on this turbo with my luck. Im sure something that is available now will do the exact same numbers in the end or even better.:rolleyes: