pinks all out in az

shoot, i wore my "chunk wilson b-o-p shootout" shirt till it fell apart:eek: . i wear my "got torque?" ta performance shirt everytime i go to s.i.r
i need a new shirt to wear when im out there:biggrin:

buickbert

Chunk Wilson

holy **** are you kidding me. you have a chunk wilson shirt or should i say did wow. i thought they where all gone. are you talking about this one?

Attachments

• DSCF0377.JPG
    DSCF0377.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 162
yup thats the one. i was out there and raced my skylark. it was in grey primer back then and was running mid 14's with the 100% stock 4555/th400/pegleg and gulp 2 1/4 exhaust. talk about choking up a motor, even a stock one.

buickbert

Hello BuickBert,
Would this be your car at the Chunk event? BOP Shootout: Image 21 of 51

I have one of those shirts as well.. it is in wearable shape that will not too much embarrass the wife in public. My GN was in primer during that event as well.. actually it was bare metal. I will be there but my GN is too slow to be impressive. I will leave it to you guys who know what you are doing and can actually show what these cars are capable of doing. Take care. Pete.

wow i think thats his car. Pete im not sure if i met you before. do you know barry and robbie cambell. not sure if i spelled the last name right.

then and now

then and now

Attachments

• brenthayhurst_84tr.jpg
    brenthayhurst_84tr.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF3164.JPG
    DSCF3164.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 146
damn sure is! thats really funny. it looks the same now, just primered black now. wh1 looks really nice now brent, i remember it seeing back then too.

pete, dont feel too bad, mine wont be ready for the pinks event and probably wont be ready for the wcn either, im waiting for misc bolts a gasket and an egr cover to come from gbodyparts.com and also i have to get new hoses and a new belt and a new alt along with other crap to put it back together. and find time to ga back to prescott and work on it some more. damn i wish i had it here!

buickbert

Hello Boost231,
I may of met you back at that Chunk Wilson event but that was forever ago it seems. I do know Bear and Robbie. They just live a few miles away from me but it is sad that I have not seen them in a while. I need to go visit them this weekend to ensure they show up for our All Buick Car Show on 11/3 at Royal Buick.

Hello Boost231,
I may of met you back at that Chunk Wilson event but that was forever ago it seems. I do know Bear and Robbie. They just live a few miles away from me but it is sad that I have not seen them in a while. I need to go visit them this weekend to ensure they show up for our All Buick Car Show on 11/3 at Royal Buick.

if you go see them tell them Brent said hi. Let me know if they are going to attend the Buick Car Show. hell i might bring my bucket but dont tell them this. :)

Hello Boost231,

pete, buickbert here. was that you that was looking to buy a mazda or something a while back and the salesman called his buick friend? if so, im the friend. do you know who robbie and bear sold the we4 to? im pretty sure that someone that works at umc bought it as i swear that its the one that i see at work all the time:confused: i dont wanna sit out by the car and wait for the owner to comeout to find out if he/she is going to the race in phx wit it or not.

buickbert

Hello Buickbert.. yes. That was me at the Mazda dealership. My friend was looking at the difference between the little Ranger and Mazda pickups. Which we found it is impossible to find a Mazda one. I was unaware that they were going to sell the WE4. I figured Robbie would hold onto that forever. But then again, they do have at least 7 other Buicks that I can count off the top of my head at the house. I do know they still have Lee's T-Type because another friend of mine used it as a blueprint to put together a GN he got from Cliff Moon a few months back that was a 'some assembly required' purchase. Pete.