newby

85ha

Hi guys new to the forum and turbo regal scene. I wanted some of you more experienced guys advice. I bought my 85GN bout a year ago, at that time bone stock. After reading the forums and doing alot of the upgrades you guys were doing to the hot airs (walbro 340 pump, hot wire, adj fpr, 87 ECM, MAF, TT chip, TA33 turbo, adj wastegate actuator, 160 T-stat) I see alot of guys running 36 or 42.5lb injectors but Eric tells me the hot airs dont really need it. Are my stockers not enough for my setup?, not having knock or lean isues just curious. Also the wastegate actuator is universal 7.5psi from horsepowerfreaks. Is that enough?

I went with 42.5 injectors as a safety issue after porting the throttle body, intake and heads. I wanted to make sure that I did not run out of injector at WOT. 36 pounders would have been enough for my setup and stock too risky. My 2 cents. Brad

Thanx Brad, I havent considered doing any porting or head work yet but was thinking of a 204 cam upgrade, but wasnt really thinking of doing much else. Would a set of 30lbers be enough for my set up? Not trying to run low 11's just want to fine tune what ive already done to the car

IMO the larger cam is a waste of your time and money at this time. Porting your heads will make alot more power than a cam ever will. I run the stock cam. The rule of thumb on injectors is when you upgrade go bigger than you need while you are having a chipped burned. Brad

What are you goals? The stock injectors can kept up but only to a certain point, Go bigger when you get more power. I upgraded to only 30Lbs for my setup but when I do put on my P&P heads, TA33 turbo ETC i will be upgrading to 36lbs min Or get alky kit Not sure.

So as of now your injectors are fine up until I think 300-330hp around there. I know 30lbs can go up to 375hp Forced induction.