time to upgrade

turbobooster

alright guys im somewat ready to begin the build just need experienced help i have a new ta33c and 36lbs in my possession i dont have my hot wire and 340 pump yet and i dont have an adj fpr either i have a few questions before doing anything first i know i should do one thing at a time so i dont run into any problems or confusion should i swap out the injectors now or will that give me running issues? or should i wait till i get the hot wire and pump ? even if i do wait wat is the best starting point as to wat goes in first? i hope im making sense my other thing is the chipping aspect of this should i do the 86/87 ecm conversion before i upgrade mods or can that wait? and get my chip at the final once everything is in ? now that im getting closer to wat i want its a bit confusing as to wat to go with first maybe u guys can tell me how u went about it wat did u do first second and so on... thanx

as far as mods already on my car i have a 3 inch mease dp cold air intake adj wastegate the rest all stock

Get yourself a Pump & hotwire 1st, as for regualtor you can just get a Bosch 237 from the junk, easy to find at the . While your there pick yourself up a 86 ECM and order a TT chip for your setup. As the chip is coming in, install your injectors, take your stock turbo out first. It's a kinda a PITA but just dont pull on the harness itself. Check your harness for any cuts, openings.

Your fuel rail is bolted down by 3 bolts I believe. take off your return and inlet fuel lines. A little compressed air can will help clean all the crap build up around the injector ports, if you want to do that.

Work some magic on the fuel rail but don't be to rough, it can bend. Most should pop out with them still being on the rail, some stay in. Never wiggle when installing or uninstalling, always twist a little and push/pull. Install your new injectors, use new injectors donuts and alittle WD40 on donut to help slip in easier. Which ever is easier for you, bolting down the rail first or screwing in the fuel lines,put everything back.

ONce that's done, install your TA33 and your set.

ok say i install new pump and hot wire can i run in for a day or 2 to see if all is ok then after swap in 86/87 ecm with stock chip and of course ill probably need maf to match run it see how it feels then do injectors and turbo then after all is in order tt chip wat im wondering is if my car will still run right with stock 86/87 chip i mean as much as id like to just drop everything in at once i want to go one thing at a time to see how everything is holding up

ok say i install new pump and hot wire can i run in for a day or 2 to see if all is ok then after swap in 86/87 ecm with stock chip and of course ill probably need maf to match run it see how it feels then do injectors and turbo then after all is in order tt chip wat im wondering is if my car will still run right with stock 86/87 chip i mean as much as id like to just drop everything in at once i want to go one thing at a time to see how everything is holding up

Yes, you have to get the 86/87 MAF atleast or go LT1/LS1 MAF with translator. You have stock injectors? you might be able to get away with using the 86 chip but I highly doubt it, Do you have a 86/87 chip from a TR?

A problem for sure would be 86 chip, ECM are setup for IAT sensor. should throw idle or something off a bit. When you do order a Chip for your Hotair, choose if you want to burn off the IAT sensor or add it. If you add it, you have to get it at caspers electronics. Our cars really dont need it tho.

i do have everything stock right now see thats my concern if i do the 86/87 ecm swap first and only right now with stock chip and new maf the car should b fine rite? but wen i go to throw in the 36lbs with turbo i will run into problems until i get a chip burned for wat i added rite?

Another answer(opinion) with the same and some additional information. I would install the fuel pump and hotwire kit first as you indicated. Drive it around until you are satisfied. In an ideal world try and borrow or buy a stock 86/87 chip and convert the ecm to the 86/87. Without the MAT sensor the check engine light will stay on or install the MAT sensor. Make sure the car runs. Next get a MAF translator and a used LT1 MAF from the boneyard. Install and make sure the car runs. Order your TT chip for your new injectors and get the adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Install the TT chip, injectors and APR(set to 43 line off) and your are on your way. The new Turbo really can go on anytime. Brad

i c thats wat ive been trying to figure out maybe its the way i worded it or didnt ask the right question so wen getting the chipped burned its mostly needed for the bigger injectors so in other words i can do fuel pump and hot wire get a feel for it the do ecm w/maf conv and wen ready to throw my 36lbs have the chip burned for that with turbo
thanx to both of guys that info and advice on parts steps to take cleared the smoke i will have more questions to come

so sounds like ill need to install a mat sensor if i dont the check engine light on how hard is it to wire that up ?( me and electrical wiring of any sort dont go together )

You dont have to install it but if your plan to see if the ECM will work yes, but when you order the TT chip you can have Eric burn it off. Installing the IAT sensor should be hard, you can i think get one form the junkyard. Its the sensor located on the intake, little plug looking thing. You can tap into your intake and run the wire to ECM (im guessing)

is the iat and mat sensor the same thing? so if i dont need it i can get the chip burned without that option and my engine light wont come on? hey boosted yards do u have a stock 86/87 chip in ur ecm conv?

is the iat and mat sensor the same thing? so if i dont need it i can get the chip burned without that option and my engine light wont come on? hey boosted yards do u have a stock 86/87 chip in ur ecm conv?

Yes, there are the same thing just different terms. yes you can have Eric burn it off the Chip and check light wont come on. I have this burnt off and car runs great.

ok this is aint a cheap up grade lol its all good though im doing it and 90 % just need maf sensor which isnt cheap then did my research on an lt1 maf with translator and i was very surprised to see wat they go for wow to say the least can the stock 86/87 chip be sent in to get that mat sensor burned off ?

parts

I have for sale

2 86-87 unmolested , stock, working, ECM
1 Turbo Tweak chip for 30# green stripes
1 Kirban Adj Fuel Pressure reg
1 tall pinion snubber (new)

ALL for $180.00 shipped
LMK

does it matter or will it affect my car or affect the conversion if the 86/87 maf sensor has only one screen? or none in it? or do i need to find one with the screens not removed from it?

You can take out one of the screens but do not remove both. must have at least one screen or sensor will be damaged. When i did my 87ECM/MAF conversion I had Eric burn the MAT off the chip car runs great! The translator and LT1or LS1 MAF are xpensive but well worth the $ for future upgrades.