IAC question

85ha

Does anyone know if a IAC for a 86/87 will work on a hot air. Reason i ask is I replaced the old one cause it was stuck (constant reading of 90, block INT would not drop below 140) After new one was installed car ran perfect, reading bout 20 at idle on IAC and 128 on INT. After five min of running car died. Resarts but wont idle IAC stuck on 0, even when kept running. Removed new IACand found plunger came all the way out. Both sol's look same far as apperance and length

85Gn astrroof, Ta33c, adj wastegate, adj fpr, walbro 340, hotwire, 87ECM/MAF TT chip, 160 t-stat, blocked tb lines, gutted exhaust

comparing the pictures at autozone's site for the Hotair's IAC and the IC IAC, the HA cost more, has a bigger nose, The IC unit cost way less, has a smaller nose. I think some sensor can swap out 84-87, I think this is one of them that can sawp but NOT 100% on this. I say it would work just fine, the only problem might be in nose lengths.

The IC IAC is dimensionally different than the HA IAC.
The IC IAC will interchange if you also interchange the housing as well.
The IC IAC will go into the HA housing but I don't think it will work
correctly. HTH

When I compared the oe sol to the new ic sol didnt see any differences in the cone and like i said ran fine for few min. I got a new one (still for ic car) but not installed yet dont want same thing to happen

Just looked at oreilly auto parts online they show two diff valves that have totlly diff cone shape. One of them fits several models(same as 86type) and the other is for ha only. Think it might have had wrong one all along cause never worked right.