Look what I found on LS1tech...

Same stroke and rod here. The piston is very crazy looking but I went with a billet Oliver Speedway rod to keep the deck thicker on the piston. With all the turbo motors ran here locally the high power SBC's (over 1800) suffer more from head gasket issues than burnt valves from the heat. The water inlet between the ports helps dramatically. Some last over 100 passes while some change gaskets every 40 or so. I'm hoping to go well over 100 passes.

What is the CI gonna work out to on your motors?

Mine will be 401ci

3.75 stroke and 4.125 bore. I like a smaller bore size to give the headgasket more clamp from surface area. 4.125 was about as small as I could go to work with these heads.

Just got the call that my LSX block shipped today.

FYI,Gm realized a problem with the cam retention plates and are replacing them.
Make sure if you recieve your block(s) to make sure of this.

Bro,

Hook me up with some pictures when you get it.

Update

Here's some updated pics of the single 106mm turbo LSx powered GN...

5_28_07__5_.jpg

5_28_07__3_.jpg

5_28_07__2_.jpg

5_28_07__1_.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

:cool: :biggrin: :eek:

Cal, the workmanship is outstanding. :eek:

Thanks! After the car was tuned, the headers turned gold. Stop by our tent at Columbus to see the car.

Right now I'm wrapping up a twin turbo Impala project that involved a LOT more work than the GN. Thanks to Dan's (DLS) help on the engine, the customer hopes to set some records this summer.

Thanks! After the car was tuned, the headers turned gold. Stop by our tent at Columbus to see the car.

Right now I'm wrapping up a twin turbo Impala project that involved a LOT more work than the GN. Thanks to Dan's (DLS) help on the engine, the customer hopes to set some records this summer.

Cal,

I am Expecting an e-mail with details on the tuning session, when you have time of course.:wink:

headers

Cal after they turn gold can they be brought back to show finish? Just wondering as Rex is in the process of polishing his TT headers. By the way that is beautiful, but why not a Dart Block? I like old school chevy motors like the darts over the lsx stuff. JMO. Also I see alky on that. Nice :eek:

holy cow thats insane.... best of luck with the project, car looks mean with the big snail under the hood