Look what I found on LS1tech...

Bill,

I expect you to start a thread about the TTA in this section ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

John,
The roof should be back on it by the end of the week, I will probably start assembling the engine shortly after. Pictures are coming soon, very impressive to say the least:biggrin:

The LSX block i have coming is far from a Tahoe motor fur sure.
As good as any dart old school block:D

Otto,

Is it out yet, I have heard rumors but have not seen one yet?
If anyone wants to step up and buy my stage II motor I just might pick one up.

Oh hell no,Im not even remotely gunning for you.You are out of my league fur sure

Thanks for the compliment. Hopefully yours wont tap as bad as the one in my wifes 07 GMC, youd think after all these years they could get it right.

John,
The roof should be back on it by the end of the week, I will probably start assembling the engine shortly after. Pictures are coming soon, very impressive to say the least:biggrin:

Bill,

That is good news, please start the thread with the build and add the pictures when you can.

Otto,

we have 2 ordered and I keep getting the same answers as I do from the chassis guy "it will be next week".:D

we have 2 ordered and I keep getting the same answers as I do from the chassis guy "it will be next week".:D

What are they going for?
I heard in the ~$1895 range.
I think only the standard deck is coming out for now.
The tall deck might be worth the wait.:biggrin:

Otto,

Just like everything,I know a guy who knows a guy,Its ordered as of now.
Could be when ever,Ill slap together something after the car gets picked up

That Monte Carlo is Bad A$$. V8's are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like going to the local track and Annihilating a big block opened header car with your little v6, but nothing sounds like a V8.

I hope to see all these V8 Buicks at Bowling Green. Wonder if Dusty will be attending with his car?

I doubt I'll have my car there this year.

Bill. For the same hp as a Stage 2 the SBC wins hands down. The engine your talking about is capable of 2400hp with twins, can't really compare that to a Stage 2.

Why the new SB2.2 castings? The guy in Knoxville who sells them on ebay has a pile of them waiting to go out. After looking at them I can say not many porters can touch the time DEI and the cup teams puts into the design and shape of the ports. I drove up one weekend, went through the pile and picked me out a set.

I doubt I'll have my car there this year.

Bill. For the same hp as a Stage 2 the SBC wins hands down. The engine your talking about is capable of 2400hp with twins, can't really compare that to a Stage 2.

Why the new SB2.2 castings? The guy in Knoxville who sells them on ebay has a pile of them waiting to go out. After looking at them I can say not many porters can touch the time DEI and the cup teams puts into the design and shape of the ports. I drove up one weekend, went through the pile and picked me out a set.

Dusty,
Mine are CNC'd from a DEI head I "acquired":biggrin: , major numbers from the bottom all the way to the top, they still dont even stall up to 1.00 lift(as I am sure you know)! I used new castings because I didnt want to deal with thermal cycle stressing. I want the castings to live for at least 200 passes without any major issues. The only thing I am concerned with on the SB2.2 is the non-spread exh ports. We ported water between them today and did some pretty heavy colling system mods. I milled out the water return ports that run under the intake and made my own cooling system returns (-12 from the front of EACH head). I will just fab up an aluminum valley pan and get rid of that ugly thing GM makes!

Dusty,
Mine are CNC'd from a DEI head I "acquired":biggrin: , major numbers from the bottom all the way to the top, they still dont even stall up to 1.00 lift(as I am sure you know)! I used new castings because I didnt want to deal with thermal cycle stressing. I want the castings to live for at least 200 passes without any major issues. The only thing I am concerned with on the SB2.2 is the non-spread exh ports. We ported water between them today and did some pretty heavy colling system mods. I milled out the water return ports that run under the intake and made my own cooling system returns (-12 from the front of EACH head). I will just fab up an aluminum valley pan and get rid of that ugly thing GM makes!

10-4. I took mine up to .800 and they never fell off from the .700 #'s. My cam is .725 anyway. These heads look much better than the 1st set of Sb2's I had and supposedly only have 1 race on them. They look new, valve job wasn't touched up and still looks fresh. I was leary of these heads in the beginning but after seeing how well they work and hold up on the Monte I'm pretty confident in them. I prefer the BD2000 for the spread exhaust ports but the Monte hasn't had any head gasket issues with the -4 water supply between the ports.

What cc chamber did you end up with? These came in around 47cc with both valves having a 1cc dish. I wanted close to 50cc but ended up going to a thicker head gasket.

Thanks for the compliment. Hopefully yours wont tap as bad as the one in my wifes 07 GMC, youd think after all these years they could get it right.

Must be yours because my wifes 07 GMC XL is fine and at 19-20 mpg with 400 hp they got it right

All this SBC talk:eek: . Yeah you get more power, but you loose the whole allure and mystique of the V6. You might be faster but it took 2 more cylinders to do it:tongue: I remember when the saying on the board was anybody can build a SBC but not a V6:cool:

I still like hearing "& that's a V6" :eek:

Must be yours because my wifes 07 GMC XL is fine and at 19-20 mpg with 400 hp they got it right

Our 07 XL taps like a Buick with a wiped cam, the passenger front door molding fell off, the rear brakes have been replaced twice as well as the rotors for squealing. the low oil light stays on constantly, the pass door mirror wobbles at speed,and the antilock light is erratic. GO GM! What a bargain ! I shouldve waited for the Expedition EL:( Our 02 Tahoe tapped like a sewing machine too, common issue with LS? based engines.

Dusty,
My chambers are 45cc, I used a 6" rod and a 3.750 stroke, pistons are kind of crazy looking due to the long aluminum rod, stoke and compression height.I am not really concerned with head gaskets as much as I am burning the valves on the 2 middle cyls, I ported in -6 hoses to help this out. You will definately be running before me, hopefully neither one of us will experience this problem.

All this SBC talk:eek: . Yeah you get more power, but you loose the whole allure and mystique of the V6. You might be faster but it took 2 more cylinders to do it:tongue: I remember when the saying on the board was anybody can build a SBC but not a V6:cool:

I still like hearing "& that's a V6" :eek:

Shane, the problem with it today is that I want to go radial racing and surely that will be a great excuse for loosing ("its only a V6, what do you expect") but it wont put you in the winners circle!!!!

Shane, the problem with it today is that I want to go radial racing and surely that will be a great excuse for loosing ("its only a V6, what do you expect") but it wont put you in the winners circle!!!!

With the last set of qualifying speeds,That will be an excuse for not even qualifying!!

Just got the call that my LSX block shipped today.

FYI,Gm realized a problem with the cam retention plates and are replacing them.
Make sure if you recieve your block(s) to make sure of this.

Dusty,
My chambers are 45cc, I used a 6" rod and a 3.750 stroke, pistons are kind of crazy looking due to the long aluminum rod, stoke and compression height.I am not really concerned with head gaskets as much as I am burning the valves on the 2 middle cyls, I ported in -6 hoses to help this out. You will definately be running before me, hopefully neither one of us will experience this problem.

Same stroke and rod here. The piston is very crazy looking but I went with a billet Oliver Speedway rod to keep the deck thicker on the piston. With all the turbo motors ran here locally the high power SBC's (over 1800) suffer more from head gasket issues than burnt valves from the heat. The water inlet between the ports helps dramatically. Some last over 100 passes while some change gaskets every 40 or so. I'm hoping to go well over 100 passes.