Lets talk about our favorite movie.

Oh yea, Vanishing point, surprised more haven't mentioned it, since it's the coolest car chase movie ever made

Well.......... "Bullit", the "French Connection", the original "Gone in 60 Seconds", "The Seven Ups" and and the movie "Drive" chase scenes were no slouches, ya' know.:D

I'd put anyone of them up against "Vanishing Point" .

I've watched VP 20 times and still don't really get "why?"............

But that's just my opinion and I have been wrong before....... "Once, just once."........ :LOL:

Last edited:
Well.......... "Bullit", the "French Connection", the original "Gone in 60 Seconds", "The Seven Ups" and and the movie "Drive" chase scenes were no slouches, ya' know.:D

But that's just my opinion and I have been wrong before....... "Once, just once."........ :LOL:
That white challenger in VP is the bomb! Never forget the chick driving around on the chopper topless either. Awesome movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But again........ Why?

In those days the cops would be stressed to even bother to engage because it wasn't fucking CARAZY like now.

A guy that acted right when pulled over caught break now and then, but at the same time, and now with all the "I'm being persecuted mentality , cops will be and are castrated as "too forceful" for even following a POS criminal down the road.

The cart now leads the horse sooooooo all too often.

Fuck criminals.

If you aren't one, sit tight and shut up. You'll be on your way in a few minutes.
Lol! Totally agreed! Never understood the whole plot at all. Especially when watching it later, but, yeah I'm with you.

As for the criminals, you'd have to be an idiot to resist!!

WOW!

I completely went sideways........ Liquor r??????????

Wait!

You liquor, you brought her..................

Sorry, guys............

Why--- it's about freedom (drugs). He's a delivery driver (hot rods) bets his drug dealer he can do the trip in 15 hours,if so his drugs this time are free. The end he decides to set himself free.

Oh and BTW biggest reason VP cool to me, he was a Vietnam vet,the movie came out in 1971. That the year I got sent to Nam. I was 19 years old. I wanted to be free from that also just not the way he did it

It's wasn't a chopper after all? Don't know why I remember this scene so, but, naked woman, young boy, motorcycles and fast cars? Yeah all the ingredients were there for love for sure!!
0acca483fe94770ab6fbe92b33222003.png

I just recently watched the movie Rush, it was way better than expected and worth the watch for car guys.
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is my all time favorite movie.
Smokey and the Bandit
The Wraith
The Dukes of Hazard with Johny Knoxville
The Bourne movies are great!

So many great movies it is difficult, almost impossible, choosing just one.

Two that come to mind are 'Monsters Ball' and 'Sling Blade'.

I just recently watched the movie Rush, it was way better than expected and worth the watch for car guys.
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is my all time favorite movie.
Smokey and the Bandit
The Wraith
The Dukes of Hazard with Johny Knoxville
The Bourne movies are great!

I am a fan of all the vacation movies!!

Rita Coolidge (uncredited), Delaney and Bonnie, and of course my favorite character Dean Jagger, and last but not least Charlotte Rampling in the UK version uncut.

Dean Jagger's old timer tells him that the best way to survive is 'to root right in where you are' (he's talking about hiding from the police in the desert but it's obviously supposed to work on two levels, like a lot of the dialogue) or to live in your head. But it's too late for Kowalski. The desert is simply a resting place before he makes his final charge towards death (interrupted again by his brief dalliance with Rampling in the UK version).

" Free the Vipers " (another Dodge reference) ;)o_O

I think you had to live through those times to appreciate it, but that can be said for most period movies. :cool:

004.jpg

I'm surprised no one mentioned "The Equalizer " ....... Love that movie. Denzel is cool.
The criminals got what they deserved.

Saw Hacksaw Ridge last night at the movies, Awesome movie ,definetly worth seeing and based on a true story of an incredible hero.
First movie i have been to where the audience actually clapped at the end.

I guess I have less violent tastes. My all time favorites are "In Harms Way", and "Donovan's Reef".