Iowa Meet up

Make it at a race track & I might be game. I'm not much of a car show guy, plus my car is no show car. How far is everyone from here Mid America Motorplex. Main Section.
I was actually talking to my buddy who is the track manager about bowling green the other day & he asked me if I thought we could get a bunch of buicks to show for an event. I usually have the track for myself & a few friends around my birthday in september. Maybe we could try to get a bunch of buicks there?

John Plog

A track meet up would be fine with me too. Hell I just look forward to hangin with some buick people for once:cool:

I'm in south central Minnesota. Drove my GN down to Council Bluffs to a meeting for work the week before last and went thru Sioux City- It's about 3 hours drive away for me. I'd do it!

John

There's one in Sioux city that would be a laugh riot to crash! Shorthand, it used to be called CHEVYFEST. Still pretty much is, but has some Mopar, Mustang, and FWD guys there too. I doubt you guys wanna come this far but damn it would be good:biggrin: :cool:

Let's leave the track time to the Midwest Meet in Byron...JMO. I'd just like to kick back and BS with everybody. I've only had the pleasure of meeting a couple of you guys. I'd like to relax and meet the rest of you. I'm game for driving pretty much anywhere in IA.

BTW...EVERY TR is a show car!!! It doesn't matter what condition it is in...I think they are ALL show worthy!:biggrin:

Keep the ideas comin!!:D

Well I just noticed I'm out of money:eek: :( Might take til the end of summer for rusty's long awaited outing. Still plan on showing though.

So who all plans on attending if this were to happen? Let's get a roll call started so we can decide on a somewhat central location for all of us. Gotta be some MN, SD, NE members wanting in on this too I would think

I'll be first....I'M IN!! :biggrin:

p.s. I'm going to the show in Marshalltown this coming Sunday. Anyone else??

If you guys organize it, I'm in! Maybe this could be the Western MidWest Meet? If you guys do a good job over there, it could be an ongoing event like the MidWest Meets Ashley and I started 5 years ago! The more the better!

my brother lives in Council Bluffs, IA, and i've been looking for a reason to go visit.. it's only like a 6 hour drive from here, i think.
my T Type makes every other TR look nice when it's parked next to it..

Depends on when it would be due to work schedule - otherwise I am in.

There is a car show in Mason City during the Memorial Day weekend on Saturday. There is a cruise on Friday night and a parade on Saturday morning.

There is a car show in Clear Lake on August 1st. This show also has a cruise around the lake the night before. They also have a poker run around the lake towards the end of the car show.

Just giving up some ideas.

Work schedules permitting, I'm in for sure:cool:

And another mention: grafitti night in Onawa, Ia It is June 13th on a saturday. Never been yet but heard last year they had a free dyno and were giving a prize for most HP pull. I think the show runs from 5pm-10pm. We might not be the only TB people there either. I know the owner of the old Buick dealership owns a 17k he's had from new, and there's a private collector in Sgt. Bluff that is rumored to have a GNX with 0 miles. I'm trying to arrange a tour of his cars

Any more suggestions

Hey turbonut85 ill go to the marshalltown car show this sunday. I will probably be going in my gray turbo-t. See you there. :D

doesnt matter where in Iowa it is to me. I'm coming from just outside the QC (Quad Cities) so someone make up their minds.....and im thinking i maybe the youngest attendee

Hey turbonut85 ill go to the marshalltown car show this sunday. I will probably be going in my gray turbo-t. See you there. :D

I found out the show is actually on SATURDAY!! I'm still going though!!:D Will you still be able to make it?? ...sorry for the confusion....I'm losin it!:redface:

doesnt matter where in Iowa it is to me. I'm coming from just outside the QC (Quad Cities) so someone make up their minds.....and im thinking i maybe the youngest attendee

Hey brotha, you need to swing over one of these days. I live on the west side of davenport. Hell, your closer to me than AustinIBEW145 and he's over here every single day! Come check out the rides anytime. My number is 563-940-2347. I'm wondering if there is a car show this Saturday or not. I'll be out of town for most of the day but should be back late afternoon/early evening. ----------Jeremy

There is a great 1/4 mile track in Cedar Falls, IA. There's also a big car show during Sturgis Falls days on June 28. Sure would be cool to see more TRs there. In my class, it's usually me and a bunch of Monte SS's and a handful of 442's. The track is just a few miles away from the show.

There is a great 1/4 mile track in Cedar Falls, IA. There's also a big car show during Sturgis Falls days on June 28. Sure would be cool to see more TRs there. In my class, it's usually me and a bunch of Monte SS's and a handful of 442's. The track is just a few miles away from the show.

This one sounds interesting.....:D Opinions???