HIDs before and after pics/ install thread. (Alradco HIDs)

Red C5-

I have been on the fence about these.

I believe the sale will put me over, so please post the details about the sale when you can. I believe I am in!

Killer lights. Definitely want to retrofit some projectors in mine and have seen kits for the square headlights, just I'm unsure of the size of our headlight housings. The measurement in millimeters is diagonal or the longest side????? Anyone know?

Killer lights. Definitely want to retrofit some projectors in mine and have seen kits for the square headlights, just I'm unsure of the size of our headlight housings. The measurement in millimeters is diagonal or the longest side????? Anyone know?

I just told Peter I wanted lights for my GN, and he sent everything out that I needed. :)

I just ordered a set.Highs n Lows, 4300k style, Sure Beats the $4000.00 for the L.E.D. kit i've seen else where....I have the L.E.D. Tail lights an Third brake kits already,Now, i can Blind people Front an Back.,..I especially bought them for high beam long distance beam,Much Safer at speed's over 125mph at night

Peter, if I were to use both high and low beam sets (all four lights) is it possible to set this system up as to when I'm using low beams, only two lights are on then when I hit high beams ALL FOUR lights can come on? Is this possible or will I just have to rely on just the two lights at a time? If I were to order these sets, would I have to specify I want all four lights on when I turn on the high beams? Thank you kindly.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Peter, if I were to use both high and low beam sets (all four lights) is it possible to set this system up as to when I'm using low beams, only two lights are on then when I hit high beams ALL FOUR lights can come on? Is this possible or will I just have to rely on just the two lights at a time? If I were to order these sets, would I have to specify I want all four lights on when I turn on the high beams? Thank you kindly.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hi Bruce. Yes it can be set up like that. It's not something we do, it's how you wire them up. One of our customers did a great write on on how exactly it's done. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I'll be posting details of our Black Friday Sale in the next couple of days. We will have a sale on EVERYTHING. All radiators, all dual fan kits, HID kits, etc. Thanks everyone.

Hey, Peter.........thanks for replying to me.......now that I know what to expect on these excellent HIDs, it looks like you're going to have another customer waiting for that special.......

So, I must buy the outside High/Low set, then the inside High set, am I right? Correct me if I'm correct.

How do I find how the other customer wired it up for all four lights to come on? Any drawings or anything? This is exactly how I'd like to have your set of HIDs to operate.......and by the way...........excellent product...I could see by the other's responses of their installations were so pleased with them........they guy posting pictures of your lights to show the difference was the main reason I decided I'm going to get a set from you........you should give that guy a big discount or some kind of a reward for promotion of these lights.......maybe a bag of M &Ms or a discount to a peepshow....:p

Your site on these lights, descriptions and pictures, plus the others here posting their results convinced me 100% that your lights are the way to go..........I've been looking for something affordable for my GN like this for quite a while.....

Will be lurking and watching for your sale on these, Peter, as I missed the last one for the Fall discount.....a penalty I paid by not checking on the Vendor Specials site here.......my bad.

Take care, Peter, and thank you for your response.........you sure are one of the good guys here.

Bruce '87 Grand National

I have HID's on every car I own. Wouldn't go without them. GNVenom has had them since 1995. I converted my GN back in 1996 using Philips ballasts and D2S Westinghouse bulbs, with a custom-made shield on each bulb. I used H4 housings made by Bosch. This was high-cost stuff back then. Today, there are much less expensive hardware parts available. If the Alradco kit is tried and true, go for it. You will definitely need relays though.

The HID ballasts have a big surge for startup (23 amps for a few milliseconds) then drop down to 35 watts - about 3 amps per lamp. It's the surge that fails you if you don't use relays tied to the battery.

I have HID's on every car I own. Wouldn't go without them. GNVenom has had them since 1995. I converted my GN back in 1996 using Philips ballasts and D2S Westinghouse bulbs, with a custom-made shield on each bulb. I used H4 housings made by Bosch. This was high-cost stuff back then. Today, there are much less expensive hardware parts available. If the Alradco kit is tried and true, go for it. You will definitely need relays though.

The HID ballasts have a big surge for startup (23 amps for a few milliseconds) then drop down to 35 watts - about 3 amps per lamp. It's the surge that fails you if you don't use relays tied to the battery.
John,

You should market a plug and play kit for the hid harnesses bet you would sell a bunch! Some of us are lazy and rather spend $$$. :)

John,

You should market a plug and play kit for the hid harnesses bet you would sell a bunch! Some of us are lazy and rather spend $$$. :)

Actually I did about 12 years ago. Then maybe six or seven years ago, the Chinese products started flooding the market, so I got out of it. I was supplying the OEM hardware, which was too expensive.

So that product went on the obsolete list :-(

Finished installing the alradco high & low beam kit today,man these things are friggin awesome!:DJust went out in the garage to see them in the dark,it lit up my entire garage lol.Thanks Peter

Did you use those relays as John Spina suggested? Are you concerned about not using them? I would follow John's advice if I were you.....he knows his electronics to a "t."

Bruce '87 Grand National

No I did not use relays,and after checking into it yes I am concerened about not using them.So since I installed hi&lo beams I would need to get 2 relays one for each kit correct?They seem to work fine for now but I dont want problems later.Also I went for a drive yesterday(had the headlights on of course)and my alky light did not go from red to green with the test button,so I was thinking were the headlights taking too much current away from the alky pump?Btw I dont know much about wiring and electrical so maybe I am way overthinking it,but rather safe than sorry.