HIDs before and after pics/ install thread. (Alradco HIDs)

You need to buy the headlamps $55ish then the wiring kit $76ish and that is it? And of course if you want the high beams another set of each? I live rural and this would be a safety investment for the winter.

Steve, yes, that is it. Those two items listed will set you up fully on the low beams, but if wanting all 4 to be HID, then add another set of housings and the high/lows. Call and talk to Peter, or shoot him an email to make sure that is how you would do all 4. The way I see it, when I get my high/lows they will go in the factory low beam location (outers) and the single on/off version (of which I have now in the low beam location) will go in the factory high beam location. This way the low beam outers will illuminate on low, then when switched to high, they all 4 light up. He may have something special for the high/low combo, so shoot him an email.

I live in the city/burb area with lots of other cars/streetlights, and these are super beneficial, but I can only imagine living out in the country like I did in Kansas with these. Very smart idea Steve!

So I could wire the outer lights to be my high/lows pretty easily? I've been wanting to do a head light mod where the inner "light" is just a bezzle with a screen in it like the GNXray car.

Attachments

• XRAY1.jpg
    XRAY1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,203
So I could wire the outer lights to be my high/lows pretty easily? I've been wanting to do a head light mod where the inner "light" is just a bezzle with a screen in it like the GNXray car.

Adam,

...Sorry, was still drooling over the X Ray car. :biggrin:

EMail Peter on the alradco site to be sure. I see he sells low beams, which don't switch hi/low, then sells high beams which sound even brighter than what these are as they say "rural use" something. I am pretty sure Peter can get you hi/lows for the single light and be able to vent the inners.

Again, email Peter, I think he has more stuff than is on his site, and he will definitely take care of you!

James

That is on the top of my list of next upgrades! I have driven this car across country more than once, so I use the lights, and especially the brights when I travel at night with no traffic. I can only imagine having all four on HIDs!!! :eek:

It'd be like daylight. :biggrin:

When using my Hi beams the low beams shuts off....so just he inner lights come on and they are very bright....

Ahhh, I see. Didn't know if you really even needed all 4 at once but if the brights are brighter than this that should be plenty! Hell, these now are plenty I just want them to match. ;)

How would these compare to the Caspers upgraded harness trick?
Mike

How would these compare to the Caspers upgraded harness trick?
Mike

Mike, this is a different beast altogether. I have not done the Caspers harness on this car but have on others. Basically used to ensure full alternator voltageat the lights. Although it would be an improvement, they are not even close to HIDs.

I have the same issue as Adam, just the outside high/lows are in place. Would be all over this if there is a one light solution!

I have the Bi Zenon HID Hi/Low one bulb, got them from Jackson TURBOV6 on the board, send him a PM and see what he can do for you. he is in Hawaii though.

First of all, thank you for the write up and great pictures. I've tried to take some pictures at night but couldn't really get them to turn out. Thank you, James! :cool:

I'm out of town until Monday but I'll try to address some questions. Feel free to call or email me with any other questions, etc. Email address is peter@alradco.com, phone is 408 320 6842.

For the guys that want to just go to a single light, we do stock the hi/lo single light as well. We would just need to figure out the wiring from the high beams since on our cars they are two separate switches, shouldn't be a big deal though.

Drove the GN to work this morning, in the dark like usual. Man, these things are killer! Made it so much nicer to drive, actually being able to SEE! They are not crazy, overly bright where you are blinding everyone, they are very bright and directed where they need to be. I did not get "flashed" one time to "turn off my brights" and didn't even get the "arm reaching up to flip the rear view mirror because I am being blinded from behind" deal I normally get in the V or in my Excursion (due to its height).

I am very happy with these. They perform awesome and look so much more "updated" and fit the car better than the old "dim orange glow lights" that I was using. ;)

Glad to hear you're happy. We have kits for just about every car or truck out there and have done everything from F800 Ford trucks to old school muscle cars.

When using my Hi beams the low beams shuts off....so just he inner lights come on and they are very bright....

Correct. These kits are just like factory, so the high and low beams work just like before. I know people wonder about longetivity, how long have you had our kit now? Nice avatar. :D

Peter

Also, as squid4life stated above, you can go to www.alradco.com to order online. You can also give us a call and over the phone. So if you have any questions, we can address them first.
Thanks guys. I'll be back on Monday.

Peter

I like your set-up C5 i will be calling you next week when you get back...Enjoy your Weekend!

Had a couple PM's with questions but while I was at work, Peter answered most of them. (Peter, get back to your vacation! :biggrin: )

Here is a pic as requested of the HID vs original. If looking directly from the front, you can slightly see the darker center area which is the bulb. From any other angle they look like a normal light. Hope this helps!

James

Attachments

• IMG_20110805_162220.jpg
    IMG_20110805_162220.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 731
And don't look at my bumper filler.... :(

I got fiberglass ones from Brian at GBody, but have not taken the time to scuff, prime, and paint. Ignore that part of the pic. ;)

Correct. These kits are just like factory, so the high and low beams work just like before. I know people wonder about longetivity, how long have you had our kit now? Nice avatar. :D

Peter
I installed them in Febuary, really love the look at night....I`m not going to lie, these lights looks so good i use them as daytime running lights...so no issues with my hid lights.....