HIDs before and after pics/ install thread. (Alradco HIDs)

In my post with the pics of the hids, that is what you need and get. Comes with everything you need from ALRADCO.

I think if I went this route with the hid installation kit, I would use a hid wire harness just for safety. The hid's draw alot of amps to fire them up from the start then taper down on the amp draw. I don't know if the factory wiring can handle this amp draw on start up of the hid's. Just my opinion, thinking safety I guess.

Holy crap... has it really been 3 months since I updated this? HIDs are still going strong, never a single issue. No heating up, no popping fuses, nothing. I use them day and night because I like the way they look. Plus, it gets dark at like 530 pm now! ;)

GNvsTA, sorry for the late reply, I was back and forth underway a lot. I am using the 6000's, along with the 4x6 headlights from Peter's site:

ALRADCO.com

I think if I went this route with the hid installation kit, I would use a hid wire harness just for safety. The hid's draw alot of amps to fire them up from the start then taper down on the amp draw. I don't know if the factory wiring can handle this amp draw on start up of the hid's. Just my opinion, thinking safety I guess.

You bring up a good point. A lot of people don't know that. Our kits are wired to the battery for power so the stock wiring is not forced to handle the initial power draw. Thanks for pointing that out.

Peter

85* outside, stuck in traffic, underhood temps pretty warm, HID lights on because I like the way they look, pulled over for gas and checked the oil like normal. I remembered your post here and felt the harnesses, etc and everything was nice and cool to the touch.

Glad everything is working out great the hids, mine are working great also, I did the same conversion as you but I used a D2s hid bulb instead of the h4 bulb.

Had a couple PM's with questions but while I was at work, Peter answered most of them. (Peter, get back to your vacation! :biggrin: )

Here is a pic as requested of the HID vs original. If looking directly from the front, you can slightly see the darker center area which is the bulb. From any other angle they look like a normal light. Hope this helps!

James

GN front's look mighty evil when you professionally tint the headlights (50% film) and paint the rings black.

HIDs shine right through w/o issue.

Just my $.02 based on personal preference.

Installed the HID low-beams from Alradco over the holidays and man-o-man these things are great! Nice and bright and the install went very well, nice kit, good company to deal with, thank you Peter.
Mike

Installed the HID low-beams from Alradco over the holidays and man-o-man these things are great! Nice and bright and the install went very well, nice kit, good company to deal with, thank you Peter.
Mike

Another addition to the "I drive with my headlights on during the day" club? ;) Congrats! This is probably one of the best drive-ability mods I have done to the car in the ~7 years I have owned it.

This is probably one of the best drive-ability mods I have done to the car in the ~7 years I have owned it. X2

Hey Peter, do you have a HID kit for a 95 Trans Am with the single big square headlight?