Handgun recommendations for a First time Female Shooter

JM- I was told around a month to get the permits in. I was hoping to get them sooner since I have been through process before, but guess not.I got the 12 gauge pump at the bedside for now.
That Barrett would be sick.. Maybe when we get our compound outside of NJ , my array of guns will be increasing big time.

Has anyone dealt with STG Firearms out of Arizona? Came across them on Gunbroker. They got some pretty swet Glock and M&P's. Got in em all different colors. Curious if anyone has dealth with them before thanks

Not to hijack this thread, but what does it cost to pull the trigger on a 50 BMG?

Couple of bux per round?

~JM~

Has anyone dealt with STG Firearms out of Arizona? Came across them on Gunbroker. They got some pretty swet Glock and M&P's. Got in em all different colors. Curious if anyone has dealth with them before thanks

I asked about this company on another board. I'm originally from Az. & have hit most of the stores in the Prescott area. This one must be somewhat new.
http://forum.sixshootercommunity.com/index.php?id=2922

Here is another shop that has a large selection. http://www.buckyguns.com/ This is an older store & doesn't really have a great web-site.

Of course there is J&G's also.

~JM~

Recoil on a 50 is more like a 3" 12 guage heavy load if you've got the right brake on it. It is a little expensive to shoot though.:(

You can get decent .50 cal ammo for under $3 a shot... That is still CRAZY but you have to pay to play....

You can get decent .50 cal ammo for under $3 a shot... That is still CRAZY but you have to pay to play....
edit .. the last time i bought rounds i paid $4.13 each after tax.. the recoil on the 50 is like charlie stated.. it's no 4 bore ..but could hurt ya like any gun if you let it ..

I asked about this company on another board. I'm originally from Az. & have hit most of the stores in the Prescott area. This one must be somewhat new.
http://forum.sixshootercommunity.com/index.php?id=2922

Here is another shop that has a large selection. http://www.buckyguns.com/ This is an older store & doesn't really have a great web-site.

Of course there is J&G's also.

~JM~
I just like the color options. They say the color is warrenty for life of the gun. I like all black but switchen it to tan and black or grey and black looks great

Good rounds start at 750 gr. do the math.......And you better have about 3 miles of open range.
50 has been on target at 1.5 +miles:D Shane the new 338 rnd. I was interested in as been confirmed out to 2700m +.
That's 1.66 and change. All with US. ammo. I guess we got the good stuff. Slower burn.;)

Good rounds start at 750 gr. do the math.......And you better have about 3 miles of open range.
50 has been on target at 1.5 +miles:D Shane the new 338 rnd. I was interested in as been confirmed out to 2700m +.
That's 1.66 and change. All with US. ammo. I guess we got the good stuff. Slower burn.;)
take high ground with a 50 ..and they have to drop something on you to take you out ..at 100 foot it will put a good size whole all the way thru an suv longways:D

take high ground with a 50 ..and they have to drop something on you to take you out ..at 100 foot it will put a good size whole all the way thru an suv longways:D

I watched one go thru driver door, driver, passenger, passenger door, and it was not the lady on the streets lucky day. :(:(

If you get a chance to try some of the depleted rounds shoot it at some 1/4" steel. Looks like a flower blossom on the reverse side where it comes out.:D

I do know of one idiot that took the brake off thinking he was man enough to hold up to the recoil.:rolleyes: Needless to say he broke his shoulder and collar bone.:eek:

I just like the color options. They say the color is warrenty for life of the gun. I like all black but switchen it to tan and black or grey and black looks great

What the hell kinda revolver comes in colors? :confused:

Did you see that real sweet S&W Model #66 in that other thread? That's what you need to locate.

~JM~

edit .. the last time i bought rounds i paid $4.13 each after tax.. the recoil on the 50 is like charlie stated.. it's no 4 bore ..but could hurt ya like any gun if you let it ..

If you watch gunbroker closely you can find new American Eagle .50 Cal ammo for $250 shipped for $100! There are several sites on the net to get A/P .50's for like $3.25 a round!

I am going to get a 338l, it is on the wish list!!! Wether that list ever gets filled is the question lol!!!!

Yeah, the 50 is just a beast.... If I had to only have one of the two it would be the .50 for the sheer power of it!