Handgun recommendations for a First time Female Shooter

2QUICK2B6 said:
.38 smith&wesson ladysmith have 1 plan on buying another

They are beautiful guns. Just can't get myself to buy a gun with word lady on it. I hope someday my woman gets one so I can shoot it more than her. Lol

They are beautiful guns. Just can't get myself to buy a gun with word lady on it. I hope someday my woman gets one so I can shoot it more than her. Lol

its light hammerless always fires and has nice !!! cocabola grips my last name is smith so i think its cool

You get it for you or her.
I got it for everyone really. Me, my GF, my younger brother, my old man, my mother and any friends trying to learn how to shoot. Figure what better way to learn how to actually shoot a handgun, then a .22. I myself need to work on my stance and grip. Kinda a no brainer at the price I got it for

if i didnt own a Buick aka Bentley an 2 TTA's I would already have the performance model .357 holds 8 rounds it also shoots .38 1,200 new

2QUICK2B6 said:
its light hammerless always fires and has nice !!! cocabola grips my last name is smith so i think its cool

I saw this and made me think of our convo. Look at the top right

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120624_092310.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 84
  • ForumRunner_20120624_092806.png
    ForumRunner_20120624_092806.png
    382.4 KB · Views: 95
Wow. The shit I read on a daily basis astounds me. First off, NEVER get a chick a revolver. EVER. If she's inexperienced, I ASSURE you that with option A. (double action shooting) she's going to miss the target with every round in the cylinder, and with option B. (single action shooting) she's going to drop the hammer before the gun's on target. Typical revolver sights suck as well.

And a SHOTGUN is the most effective weapon you could use without training? You've got to be kidding me! The poster said GIRLFRIEND, not infantryman lol. A woman shouldn't even walk past a shotgun, without weeks of dedicated training. No way in hell. And a shotgun is NOT a point and shoot weapon. It has to be aimed just like everything else. Ever watch an average, untrained woman try to shoot a 12 gauge? It's like a 15 year old trying to fly a helicopter. Total disaster. One shot from a shotgun indoors is going to destroy a chicks hearing soo bad she's going to be all but disoriented after the first shot. And what if you miss. Do you realize where that slug or buckshot's going to end up? Out of your house and into the neighbor's. Don't do it. Shotguns and revolvers are not for the inexperienced.
If you want a gun that will work every time, and you don't have to fumble with safeties at 03 in the morning when you're tired, caught off guard and scared shitless, (especially on a really nervous woman) get a glock, or a glock type of weapon (m&p, xd etc.) and put a light/laser on the rail. Show her how to pick it up, point it out in front of her, switch the light/laser on, ID friend or foe, and pull the trigger. Zero the laser to the typical distance she would have to engage someone at her house at. Then take her to the range and practice. Shoot an entire box of your favorite defense hollow point to check for function, feeding, recoil, and point of aim, and then shoot ball the rest of the time.
Stick with 9mm; it's cheap to buy by the case, doesn't kick that much, is sufficient to put down a potential attacker, and everyone carries / uses it.
Trust me, stay away from revolvers and shotguns. Everyone perpetuates these myths because they've heard someone they trust or look up to say them. They take more training than you think. Just because you can pick up any revolver and shoot it ok, doesn't mean your woman can. I've seen, and trained MANY women on a revolver, and NOT A ONE of them hit ANYTHING with them. Women just aren't built with the same set of traits men are. They're weaker and slower, and a revolver or a huge shotgun is the last weapon they should be utilizing.

Wow. The shit I read on a daily basis astounds me. First off, NEVER get a chick a revolver. EVER. If she's inexperienced, I ASSURE you that with option A. (double action shooting) she's going to miss the target with every round in the cylinder, and with option B. (single action shooting) she's going to drop the hammer before the gun's on target. Typical revolver sights suck as well.

And a SHOTGUN is the most effective weapon you could use without training? You've got to be kidding me! The poster said GIRLFRIEND, not infantryman lol. A woman shouldn't even walk past a shotgun, without weeks of dedicated training. No way in hell. And a shotgun is NOT a point and shoot weapon. It has to be aimed just like everything else. Ever watch an average, untrained woman try to shoot a 12 gauge? It's like a 15 year old trying to fly a helicopter. Total disaster. .

I agree on the revolver pretty much...

The shotgun thing, not so much... You should NEVER buy any gun and NOT SHOOT it before using it for "protection." However a shotgun ain't to hard to figure out... Where I am from when you turn 10 or so you get a shot gun for hunting. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to operate it. Go through a box of shells and a little common sense and if you can't operate a SG properly you don't need any weapon....

I agree. Though, it sounds as if you're from the country. If so, you're lucky; country folks are generally harder working, not soo limp wristed, and a little tougher all the way around. Go to a major inner city and hand a girl a shotgun, and see what happens. She's going to try and stuff the shell down the muzzle of the shotgun straight away. Then proceed to black her eye and chip her tooth when she pulls the trigger. Ugh...

Yes Sir! From da south:D My little girl has been shooting .22's since she was 7:cool:

If you want home protection nothing tops a 12 ga with 00 buck. Home and personal carry are two completely diff things. For a newbie female shooter it's hard to beat a revolver. Like was said earlier...point....click...boom.

Absolutely!