Forced Induction's FI91X report!

good luck,But i think you bit off more then you can chew here.
What was your ultimate goal anyway?
The new presicion 88 has gone 8.30s

good luck,But i think you bit off more then you can chew here.
What was your ultimate goal anyway?
The new presicion 88 has gone 8.30s

The goal with the M&A heads is 8.4s to 8.6s, traction permitting. 1,230hp. That should be a breeze for this turbo. It should run in a very efficient area of the compressor map. Maybe JZ can give us an idea of just where in the comp map that would be for 1,230hp on alcohol. I think, if I remember right, JZ told me that would be in the middle of the comp map island.
It certainly won't be pushing the limit of the turbo, but the idea was not to replace the T76, which was lunged out to the max, with another one that would be running near the edge. I was looking for a turbo that could also feed a max effort build with a set of stage II heads in the future. I think this turbo will do it.
Another thought that was involved in going with the FI91X was the pure experimentation side of it. You all know I like to experiment. I have, what I consider is a very well laid out, and safe nitrous spool assist system with a hp rating relatively high compared to most. I am very curious as to how the nitrous system will help get this thing spooled. If it does well, I will have the best of both worlds. Plenty of quick on demand, off the line power, and a turbo that will be running very efficiently on the top end.

You guys keep thinking in the non-nitrous world. How quick can that big turbo spool? The possibilities are immense with nitrous in the picture. I was just waiting for the right turbo to come along. One that's large enough and with the properties to allow it to be used on a small cid application.

The goal with the M&A heads is 8.4s to 8.6s, traction permitting. 1,230hp. That should be a breeze for this turbo. It should run in a very efficient area of the compressor map. Maybe JZ can give us an idea of just where in the comp map that would be for 1,230hp on alcohol. I think, if I remember right, JZ told me that would be in the middle of the comp map island.
It certainly won't be pushing the limit of the turbo, but the idea was not to replace the T76, which was lunged out to the max, with another one that would be running near the edge. I was looking for a turbo that could also feed a max effort build with a set of stage II heads in the future. I think this turbo will do it.
Another thought that was involved in going with the FI91X was the pure experimentation side of it. You all know I like to experiment. I have, what I consider is a very well laid out, and safe nitrous spool assist system with a hp rating relatively high compared to most. I am very curious as to how the nitrous system will help get this thing spooled. If it does well, I will have the best of both worlds. Plenty of quick on demand, off the line power, and a turbo that will be running very efficiently on the top end.

You guys keep thinking in the non-nitrous world. How quick can that big turbo spool? The possibilities are immense with nitrous in the picture. I was just waiting for the right turbo to come along. One that's large enough and with the properties to allow it to be used on a small cid application.

Should put you in the 74-76% range on eff.%.

"You guys keep thinking in the non-nitrous world. How quick can that big turbo spool? The possibilities are immense with nitrous in the picture. I was just waiting for the right turbo to come along. One that's large enough and with the properties to allow it to be used on a small cid application."

Only problem is some classes we race in dont alow NO2.

"You guys keep thinking in the non-nitrous world. How quick can that big turbo spool? The possibilities are immense with nitrous in the picture. I was just waiting for the right turbo to come along. One that's large enough and with the properties to allow it to be used on a small cid application."

You can simply move to a smaller A/R with these units, or can go down as small as 80mm.

Should put you in the 74-76% range on eff.%.

I know you can't make the map public, but could you pin point that spot relative to the peak efficiency point. 8 o'clock? Slightly off peak at 9 o'clock? Moderately off peak at 1 o'clock? Far off peak at 3 o'clock? I hope you get the idea.

Rules have a way of ruining the fun, don't they.

I know you can't make the map public, but could you pin point that spot relative to the peak efficiency point. 8 o'clock? Slightly off peak at 9 o'clock? Moderately off peak at 1 o'clock? Far off peak at 3 o'clock? I hope you get the idea.

You are at 3 O-clock....hehe. Just right off the middle of the island. You have plenty to go.

So you installed it last week and hit the gas,Did it spool yet or is it still coming up?:biggrin:
Just joking:D

So you installed it last week and hit the gas,Did it spool yet or is it still coming up?:biggrin:
Just joking:D

High Compression Motor with N2o to help spool.
I am not sure why it would be a huge problem.
The alky will also provide more exhaust velocity than a gas motor.