Forced Induction's FI91X report!

Correction: After studying the turbo I found that the a/r number that's cast into the turbine housing is 1.15.

I've been real busy readjusting my fuel map after switching to a larger fuel pump. I want to get that all squared away before I start flogging on the turbo install.

FI91X weight: 57.5 lbs. My tripod brace may start flexing with this one.

Correction: After studying the turbo I found that the a/r number that's cast into the turbine housing is 1.15.

I've been real busy readjusting my fuel map after switching to a larger fuel pump. I want to get that all squared away before I start flogging on the turbo install.

FI91X weight: 57.5 lbs. My tripod brace may start flexing with this one.

That should nail you down to 2.60 or so, or about what you had calculated. :smile:. If you can keep her between the walls....no real reason 7's shouldn't be done...

That should nail you down to 2.60 or so, or about what you had calculated. :smile:. If you can keep her between the walls....no real reason 7's shouldn't be done...

Yep. That's what it calculated out at using my crude measuring. 2.58. Perfect.

I'm thinking that with my present heads being the limiting factor, and if I can get enough traction from the new tires, I going to throw an educated guess out there and say 8.20s to 8.30s. If I could max out my chassis cert (8.50), that would make me proud.

Now if I had stage II heads, I'm with you JZ. 7s would be a breeze. You never know though. This engine has always surprised me in the past. Plus, there's always the option of spraying the whole run. Egads! :eek:

Just skip the 8's and go 7's. My thoughts exactly! The question is, at what point will the IC become a restriction?

scott wile

Just skip the 8's and go 7's. My thoughts exactly! The question is, at what point will the IC become a restriction?

scott wile
The intercooler with the original plate and bar setup was good for 1500 cfm according to Spearco. It's got an extruded core now. Don't really know what the cfm max is on it. I need to look into that. Very good point Scott.

The intercooler with the original plate and bar setup was good for 1500 cfm according to Spearco. It's got an extruded core now. Don't really know what the cfm max is on it. I need to look into that. Very good point Scott.

To match the comp wheel output you will need to be somewhere in the 2300-2400cfm range.

To match the comp wheel output you will need to be somewhere in the 2300-2400cfm range.

thick core, new gen fin n bar design, 10" in/out you'll be fine lol.
2400cfm holy mother of cfm thats a lot of air. thinking of that much air made me wonder how fast that turbo could heat or cool a house i don't know why.

can't wait for some pics don, good luck on the install! my 66 feels incredibly small now. later don
*hey scott you ever see that old video of the other toyota with a gn motor it @ LACR i saw it somewere on youtube recently.
it was blue like I remembered.

ds

thick core, new gen fin n bar design, 10" in/out you'll be fine lol.
2400cfm holy mother of cfm thats a lot of air. thinking of that much air made me wonder how fast that turbo could heat or cool a house i don't know why.

can't wait for some pics don, good luck on the install! my 66 feels incredibly small now. later don
*hey scott you ever see that old video of the other toyota with a gn motor it @ LACR i saw it somewere on youtube recently.
it was blue like I remembered.

ds

LOL, the smaller T4 FI-BW's are not so intimidating.

To put 2400cfm into perspective, I've heard the typical housewife or girlfriend expels somewhere close to that volume of air when upset or angry once they find out their husband or boyfriend just purchased a new 91mm turbo:tongue:

Mark - Send me that link. I'd like to see it!

scott wile

Ooops. The intercooler supports 1500hp, not 1500cfm.

Here it is. That's a T70 comp wheel. That little thing to the left is a crankshaft.

Attachments

• IMGP0723rs.jpg
    IMGP0723rs.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,116
  • IMGP0721rs.jpg
    IMGP0721rs.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2,121
This is a view of the room available for the FI91X. The electric fan will have to be moved to the front.

Attachments

• IMGP0741rs.jpg
    IMGP0741rs.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,017
Some more pics of the turbo.

Attachments

• IMGP0720rs.jpg
    IMGP0720rs.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,106
  • IMGP0722rs.jpg
    IMGP0722rs.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,090
  • IMGP0724rs.jpg
    IMGP0724rs.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,091
  • IMGP0727rs.jpg
    IMGP0727rs.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,098
  • IMGP0725rs.jpg
    IMGP0725rs.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,089
Don,

I don't think you will have any back pressure issues in your future!