Finally bought a GN!

wells lets face it, you do enjoy pissing people off all the time, like the one time that Ben was trying to sell his car and you had to email the buyer and tell him about all the imperfections with the car , that was really a low blow, i am sure ben will never forget that one, you love to go around picking on peoples cars and point out all the imperfections with them and you yourself think that you have the most if not the cleanest Turbo T around, think again i seen cars 50% cleaner than yours, please keep your nose were it belongs (your face that is) and you wont get into trouble anymore... i remember that post the one you just pointed out, and yes it was a misunderstanding that Lou and I had but that is behind us, my question to you is, back when you did that post is when finally Lou allowed you back into his shop after much begging from you, why did you not mention his name on the beggining on this thread if he is your friend afterall right!!!, i mean he has done much for you and your car., there are not that many people who know how to work on this cars Lou is one of the very few who can, yes you do pay for his services but we all have to make a living..

You guys.... get a hobby, maybe a job;) or something, but drop the **** talking, its getting old and you look like asses.

I am done with this thread jeff.. :)

Originally posted by smokin'6
You guys.... get a hobby, maybe a job;) or something, but drop the **** talking, its getting old and you look like asses.

Originally posted by wiked87gn
why did you not mention his name on the beggining on this thread
JR asked for peoples FAVORITES. Thats what this thread is all about. Peoples opinions. Wells didnt want to list Lou. Simple as that. Whats the big deal? Wells didnt badmouth Lou, he just didnt list him.

I wonder if other people are pissed that Wells didnt list them. Or maybe Lou gets pissed because his name doesnt come up in every opinion post. He's not the only one out there y'know.

lets drop it..

Originally posted by gruffthestuff
JR asked for peoples FAVORITES. Thats what this thread is all about. Peoples opinions. Wells didnt want to list Lou. Simple as that. Whats the big deal? Wells didnt badmouth Lou, he just didnt list him.

I wonder if other people are pissed that Wells didnt list them. Or maybe Lou gets pissed because his name doesnt come up in every opinion post. He's not the only one out there y'know.

J. R.

Take this advise.

Keep it stock and don't take it to any shops. Learn on these sites how to fix the small problems that my come up. Have fun with the car and don't "butcher" it like the rest of us have done to so many of these rare cars.

In the next 10 years you will see the value of stock untouched cars soar.

So far, one of the best posts in this thread.:rolleyes:

Come on kids, let's get on with the good stuff and stop the crap. All of you do well when in person so don't just let your fingers do the talking, use your common sense here!:)

One of the PRIMARY objectives for me in my search, was to find a car that was stock. Hardtop was the only other dead set requirement as I don't care for the T-Top look or associated problems that seem to come with them. Everything else, miles, cost etc was a balance.

Back in 87, the man I worked for and someone who was a real mentor to me bought a Grand National. I knew right away that some day I would have to own one of these cars. Fast forward to today, and kids are older, college expenses handled, etc etc, so now is my turn = P . My wife doesn't understand my passion for the car, but luckily, she doesn't need to understand it, to support it so Im quite lucky in that regard.

I do plan to keep it mostly stock, and if anything, will be very subtle upgrades.

Thanks again for the positive feedback and list of your guys' favorites sites, tech help etc.

Make it a great day,
J.R.

Originally posted by gruffthestuff

Listen stupid! Im trying to put this to rest. You have no clue whats going on in our area . Consider this a domestic dispute that has been festering for some time. Gary has an issue with me & I'm trying to get his coward ass to tell me to my face. So go tend to your sheep in Biloxi & mind your own business. This doesn't concern you!

Originally posted by turbolou
Listen stupid! Im trying to put this to rest. You have no clue whats going on in our area . Consider this a domestic dispute that has been festering for some time. Gary has an issue with me & I'm trying to get his coward ass to tell me to my face. So go tend to your sheep in Biloxi & mind your own business. This doesn't concern you!

wow, just makes you want to run right down to Lou's Automotive doesn't it. For so much buiz experience, Lou, haven't you ever heard of shooting yourself in the foot? I'm suprised you get anyones buiz off this board anymore...... rant rant

lou has a right to ran, jeff this guy in biloxi does not know Wells the way we do, he is a back stabbing Mot*** Fu****, and he deserves what he gets he has this coming for sometime now.. Lou is just venting, his pride and business depend on his reputation let him do what he thinks is right.. and if ranting and cussing people out is what needed so be it..

wow, just makes you want to run right down to Lou's Automotive doesn't it. For so much buiz experience, Lou, haven't you ever heard of shooting yourself in the foot? I'm suprised you get anyones buiz off this board anymore...... rant rant

This does concern me. As I do my daily researching to find someone to build my motor I run across reasons why I wouldnt use some. Lou, your making this easy for me. One less decision.

Why dont y'all take a step back and look at it from the outsiders point of view. I'm just calling it the way I see it.

Chill out Lou, you've made a bad first impression with me.

Originally posted by wiked87gn
wells lets face it, you do enjoy pissing people off all the time, like the one time that Ben was trying to sell his car and you had to email the buyer and tell him about all the imperfections with the car , that was really a low blow, i am sure ben will never forget that one

I don't want to be involved with this thread in any way, but since my name has been brought into this let me clarify something.

Gary and I did have a misunderstanding regarding a comment made about my car. The comment was made to a mutual friend who had no intention of buying my car. At NO time did Gary ever email a potential buyer of my car to badmouth it. Upon hearing what was said I was a bit upset, but after talking with Gary and getting his side of the story I was assured that he meant no harm. I think I can speak for Gary here when I say it's water under the bridge as far as both of us are concerned.

I would appreciate it if my name were kept out of this.

Ben sorry for bringing your name into this mess, just trying to prove a point, my apologies to you...

Originally posted by TRBON8R
I don't want to be involved with this thread in any way, but since my name has been brought into this let me clarify something.

Gary and I did have a misunderstanding regarding a comment made about my car. The comment was made to a mutual friend who had no intention of buying my car. At NO time did Gary ever email a potential buyer of my car to badmouth it. Upon hearing what was said I was a bit upset, but after talking with Gary and getting his side of the story I was assured that he meant no harm. I think I can speak for Gary here when I say it's water under the bridge as far as both of us are concerned.

I would appreciate it if my name were kept out of this.

J.R.,

If you're in the Orange County area, shoot me a PM and maybe we can get together & chew the fat.

Back to sipping my wine while parked at the America West Hub Club here at Sky Harbor, waiting for my flight....

I am a newbee here, so be gentle. I just bought a 1987 GN and I has more thingamabobs and doodads on the engine than I can I dentify. One fella with a GN stopped by, looked under the hood, and he was mystified as well. I live in Santa Clarita Ca and I would like to know if there is anyone on this side of East Jus*s who knows, check that, who is an expert on these monsters. I need someone to look under the hood, put it on a life, run a diagnostic, and tell me what I have. I know the car was originally built for a Richard Wall of Whittier CA, so maybe someone out there knows who did the work and what was done. My phone calls to Mr. Wall are blocked, so he is no damn help at all. I love this car. I need two. One for each foot. But I need to get this one figured out first. This is an SOS, so I can drive this beast.
Mr. N. at 661 296 3227:confused: :cool: :)

Originally posted by papajimm
I am a newbee here, so be gentle. I just bought a 1987 GN and I has more thingamabobs and doodads on the engine than I can I dentify. One fella with a GN stopped by, looked under the hood, and he was mystified as well. I live in Santa Clarita Ca and I would like to know if there is anyone on this side of East Jus*s who knows, check that, who is an expert on these monsters. I need someone to look under the hood, put it on a life, run a diagnostic, and tell me what I have. I know the car was originally built for a Richard Wall of Whittier CA, so maybe someone out there knows who did the work and what was done. My phone calls to Mr. Wall are blocked, so he is no damn help at all. I love this car. I need two. One for each foot. But I need to get this one figured out first. This is an SOS, so I can drive this beast.
Mr. N. at 661 296 3227:confused: :cool: :)
I'm the one who maintained It. I would be glad to help you out. I have service records also. Unless of course you want to listen to Gary Wells on this post & some idiot sheep farmer from Biloxi who I've never met & seem to have some menopausal issue with me. Regards Lou ( LOU'S AUTO SERVICE ) 949-378-1590