Buick V6 FAST XFI Crank and cam set up DIS and IPU configurations set up

On another note I set the cam sync reference at 30 BTDC based from the TDC mark on the balancer, which I confirmed is correct, when I degreed the cam using the piston stop. The fast is showing the cam sync between 95-100 degrees, why would 30=90-100? I thought when we used the Dis module it processed the numbers different, but now its eliminated out of the system. If we go to the factory setting 25 ATDC for the cam sync using the module , the fast will still show 85-95 degrees cam sync also..odd

Sounds like this problem is related to your other timing problems. You didn't wire the crank sensor backwards did you?

Sounds like this problem is related to your other timing problems. You didn't wire the crank sensor backwards did you?
I doubt it but I will check, last time I bench tested one once , I reversed the +/_ it fried it instantly..

I am on the road today but should be back tonight and will check my email

Just for those interested I have a video of the cam and crank signals running. The crank is in blue and the cam in red. This is in DIS mode with cam sensor set falling edge at 25 ATDC like the factory spec. The fast is showing the cam ref at 90-93 degrees. So that being said the fast uses the rising edge for the crank pulse and I also assume the rising edge of the cam pulse, this is the only way I can see how it comes up with a number of 85-95 degrees for the cam reference on your dash.

Does any
Just for those interested I have a video of the cam and crank signals running. The crank is in blue and the cam in red. This is in DIS mode with cam sensor set falling edge at 25 ATDC like the factory spec. The fast is showing the cam ref at 90-93 degrees. So that being said the fast uses the rising edge for the crank pulse and I also assume the rising edge of the cam pulse, this is the only way I can see how it comes up with a number of 85-95 degrees for the cam reference on your dash.

Does anyone else see this differently?

can you trigger the scope differently to get a stable waveform? I am having trouble even counting the crank period between the cam pusle

OK, just an update to this thread, my cam sync was way out since my BHJ balancer was 7 degrees retarded, so I have to put the cam sensor at 32 ATDC to compensate, live and learn the hard way. The factory module assumes a 10 degree reference point, and then bases the cam sync 35 degrees from that point. It appears the fast can;t compensate for this, even if you adjust the reference angle, as the cam sync signal orginates from the module. Thanks BHJ to your precision employees who installed the reluctor ring 7 degrees out.!

Are you running a distributor or the factory ccci ignition. If it's a distributor, moving the cam signal won't matter as long as you stay at least ten degrees away from the crank signal. Even with a ccci, the 3 degrees you are off won't make any difference. I have cars with stock ignition running CRA's anywhere between 6&15 without moving the cam signal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Reading through this just blew my mind. What have I got my self into in a couple of months. O no. Glad I got my fast guy on speed dial. Great info guys!!!! Thanks good future reference.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are you running a distributor or the factory ccci ignition. If it's a distributor, moving the cam signal won't matter as long as you stay at least ten degrees away from the crank signal. Even with a ccci, the 3 degrees you are off won't make any difference. I have cars with stock ignition running CRA's anywhere between 6&15 without moving the cam signal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I am running a setup I specially designed, I am using the factory module with the distributor, with the factory cam sensor mounted inside it, since I refuse to use inductive cam sync signals. I am 7 degrees off on the balancer, and my offset angle is at 3 in the fast software to compensate this. The fast was showing 3 btdc in the cam sync, when I had the cam sync signal setup like the factory at 25 atdc. The xfi was throwing cam sync error codes once in a while, so something wrong. I would say it was syncing on the wrong cyl, anyway its all good now cam sync shows 77-78 degrees BTDC. Car is running great, no more misfires at 3200 rpm. So being out a few degrees like you said may have no effect, but if your balancer is wacked out more than that this is what you can run into.