Anyone live in the Spring area of Houston ?

Right down the road from you. Off of spring cypress, between n eldridge and grant.

dang close! What say we meet up for a beer next week? Santa Fe Flats is a great place to have a few. I've had my GN since... '93? and have pretty much worked on it myself the whole time since, including pulling the engine a time or two. Not much on the car that I haven't touched at one time or another. If you still have questions I might be able to help out. It can be the first meeting of the Far NW chapter of the HBC, LOL.

John

I'm out of town next weekend. Otherwise i'd definitely like to. How bout the following weekend sometime? Friday night? The wife and kids and i usually go out for dinner on friday. Haven't been to SF Flats in a while, so that will work for sure.

I've been thinking about trying to put together a monthly get together of the local TR guys. Not trying to compete with HBC, just a little closer... That's all. I've been gathering names of guys from the board that are in this general vicinity. It'll be good to add another name. I think i'vr got 8 or 9 now.

I live off of FM 2920 in Tomball between Boudreaux and Hufsmith/Kohrville(FM 2978). There is another guy in my neighborhood that has an '87 Turbo T that never leaves his garage also. I've been out to Niftee 50's a couple times, but never seen another Turbo Buick at the same time.

Cool - sounds like we need to organize a little something! Personally I was thinking a little later in the evening, 8:00 or 8:30, after the kids have been fed and bathed (I've got a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old). If I was to bring the family with me to eat dinner I wouldn't get a chance to talk to anybody much, LOL. But that would be ok too, if it has dried out enough I can just turn them loose in the sandbox over there for a little while at least. If we were to do that, Monday night is kids eat free! (pretty sure we will be there tonight as a matter of fact, though not in the buick)

I suggested Santa Fe Flats because they have the nice covered patio out front, drinks there are pretty cheap, and parking is usually plentiful, though not quite as much at dinnertime on weekends. But then the Home Depot is right behind it and they have a huge lot.

Anybody got a preference for week night vs weekend? Week night is probably a little easier for me, but weekend probably works better for most.

Give me some ideas of what is good for ya'll, we'll set a tentative day and time, then finalize it once we see how it works for everyone.

John

Yeah, let's leave the wives & kids at home!

Weekdays are iffy for me - work is pretty busy, but I can usually count on them leaving me alone over the weekend. I'd be game for Sat. night, Aug 4th - 8:00-8:30PM at Santa Fe Flats. I'm old now and Saturday nights aren't as valuable to me as they once were.

Any takers? Or any other time work better for folks?

Any of you other guys in Houston are welcome to come out as well! This isn't just for the Northwest side folks.

The Mrs. has just informed me that she's made a family commitment for us on Aug 4th, so no good for me. That's the only upcoming day I've got a commitment on so far, LOL.

Once we get a time/date that is good for us I can send an email to the HBC to see if we get any other takers that aren't on this board.

John

I'm in Humble...but can make the drive that way. I need to drag my Buick out of mothballs anyway...a little socializing would be a good excuse!

I could always do Aug 3rd, though since it is technically a weeknight that might not be as good for some. Or does Sat Aug 11th sound better?

Well, since no one has said anything I will assume tomorrow night is a no-go :) So how about Saturday the 11th? Anyone up for that?

John

I am in for the 11th. Hope i get her running right before then. If not, i'll have to drive a truck. At least they have turbos.

no no, if it isn't running right, bring it! We can all sit and stare at it and pretend like we know just what to do to fix it, LOL

Haa! No, we'll just bury ourselves in tb.com and see if the answer just MAGICALLY presents itself!!!

bummer. Well, at least there will be two of us! If it's a good time we'll definitely do it again and maybe next time you can make it.

Aug 11th, 8pm ish, Santa Fe Flats.

I'll send an email to the HBC mailing list, might be a couple of other guys around that will show up too.

John

I'm in. Meant to post up earlier today, but work happened!!!!
I have to call GBGN1 later today. I'll see if he's in.

You still in, john? I just texted Brian (GBGN1) and he'll be coming. Cam (slimtastic) may also be there.