Hello from D/FW! LSPBC advice...

Nacho_WE4

I have recently come back to the Buick world and wanted to say Hello!!!!

I haven't cranked my motor in 7 years so I am taking my time and doing things the right way.

Are many of you all in the LSPBC club? If so, is it worth it to join up??

Oh and if anyone ever wants to come by and help me work on my car, that'd be great hahaha. I live in Cedar Hill....

It's worth joining. What's nice about the club besides all the benefits you get for being a member are the friends in the club that can help out when you have car trouble or looking for a part. I can borrow just about anything from someone in the club or get help to fix a problem.

My .02 cents.

Dannyo

welcome back! and yes, by all means JOIN!

been a member for almost 6 years now. my schedule prevents me from participating much now, but I still show up when I can and I always have a good time.

The club is ful of helpful and knowledgeable members and there's plenty of fun to be had - both racing and shows!

besides, where else can you get together with a bunch of crazy Buick nuts?!

where are you located? I'm in Richardson.

Rob P.

The club is an awesome group of people and we all have a great time together.

How many other clubs are there that actually sponsor a race night at a local track once a month during the race season and pay the top 4 places?

I know of quite a few who have gotten way more than their yearly dues back out of the club not just in activities but real cash.I know of no other clubs that you pay $35 to join and get the kind of benefits the LSPBC have to offer.

Besides all that you get to know people with some of the fastest cars,who can tell you what works and what is a waste of time and $$$.That is worth alot to me.

yea I am married with 3 kids so I have lost alot of touch with the Buick community.

Hey AT7WE2, there used to be a shop in Richardson off 75 and Spring Valley that worked on import cars but also Buicks on the side. Its name was Richardson Auto Imports and it was owned by Adi Glatz.

He was always a nice guy. Do u know if this place still exists?

I think I will join LSPBC because I would love the chance to network with everyone!

yup, that was/is Richardson Import Auto. I'm about 10 minutes from Adi's shop. Adi was president of the club when I first joined. He and his wife, Elly did a lot for the club. I think Adi is into other interests now, but I see them at club activities now and then - of course I hardly ever show up myself so they might very well be much more active than I am. Oh, there is still a GNX parked in the lobby area of the shop so I don't think Adi has complety lost interest in Buicks.

and trust me you're not alone in regards to trying to balance family obligations and hobby (Buick) interests. it sounds like I may be approaching the point you were at about 7 years ago. I've got two kids and many other priorities that are higher than my Buick. and I know there are a bunch of other members that are at various stages of all that. That's one of the many benefits of hanging around the guys (and gals) in the club, it's sort of a support group for those of us dealing with a Buick addiction. ;)

of course there's some politics sometimes, and members get cross-ways with one another from time to time, but that happens with *any* family, right? :cool:

Nacho_WE4 said:
yea I am married with 3 kids so I have lost alot of touch with the Buick community.

Hey AT7WE2, there used to be a shop in Richardson off 75 and Spring Valley that worked on import cars but also Buicks on the side. Its name was Richardson Auto Imports and it was owned by Adi Glatz.

He was always a nice guy. Do u know if this place still exists?

I think I will join LSPBC because I would love the chance to network with everyone!

Tried to send you a PM on this subject,but it says you can't get PM's..

I hate to do it out in the open,but ...

Take your car wherever you want,but there are WAAAAAAAY better shops and you would end up happier going to one of them.

thats all I am going to say,sorry if I pissed anyone off,I just hate to see someone waste their time and money.

Hi guys, what does LSPBC club stand for, do they have a website?
Once I buy my GN I would be interested. Kent

Hmmmm. That's weird. I looked at my settings and everything is enabled to receive PM's.

Anyway, I would sure love to know which shops in my area are great at fixing up GN's. Feel free to email me at: carlosthebull@gmail.com

Thanks!!
sixgun86gn said:
Tried to send you a PM on this subject,but it says you can't get PM's..

I hate to do it out in the open,but ...

Take your car wherever you want,but there are WAAAAAAAY better shops and you would end up happier going to one of them.

thats all I am going to say,sorry if I pissed anyone off,I just hate to see someone waste their time and money.

Carlos, Kent Com'on out and join us guys we would love to have you aboard.
All Buicks, Buick powered cars are welcome. We even have some members that don't have a Buick they just like hangin out with everybody in the club.

Our next club event is at Redline Raceway Aug. 11th.

There are really only two shops in the DFW area that can take good care of your Buick. International Motorcars (Jack Laswell) in Rowlett and Billy Duke in Saginaw.
Now there are several club members that are very knowlegble and have shops, garages etc. and work on there cars, but you'll have to come and join us to find these guys/gals.

Current leadership is Rick Kinworthy President and myself David Newton Vice Pres. Come join us we would love to have you.

You can also join our email group by going to our website at www.lspbc.org and click on the "join email" at the bottom of the front page. You do not have to be a paid club member to join our email group.

I just joined the email list and also put my check in the mail :cool:

fast86gn said:
Carlos, Kent Com'on out and join us guys we would love to have you aboard.
All Buicks, Buick powered cars are welcome. We even have some members that don't have a Buick they just like hangin out with everybody in the club.

Our next club event is at Redline Raceway Aug. 11th.

There are really only two shops in the DFW area that can take good care of your Buick. International Motorcars (Jack Laswell) in Rowlett and Billy Duke in Saginaw.
Now there are several club members that are very knowlegble and have shops, garages etc. and work on there cars, but you'll have to come and join us to find these guys/gals.

Current leadership is Rick Kinworthy President and myself David Newton Vice Pres. Come join us we would love to have you.

You can also join our email group by going to our website at www.lspbc.org and click on the "join email" at the bottom of the front page. You do not have to be a paid club member to join our email group.

As soon as I get my next GN you can count on me being there. Should be within the next month if everything goes right. :)

Yep, the club is a great resource for parts, events, friends, and knowledge.

Welcome Aboard!

We are glad to have you aboard Carlos! :biggrin: I recently received an updated membership list, and; I will send you the most recent newsletter ASAP. I'll try sending it to your email address first in Adobe Acrobat format. It is much better to receive it in color in the opinions of many. If it does not work I will send you a hard copy in the mail. If you prefer to receive it via snail mail, just let me know. If you can make it, come out to our car show this Saturday (Aug 19) and say hello so that we can all introduce ourselves. There will be plenty of us there to help shed information and ideas.

Kent you are more than welcome to come out as well to meet our members, hang out and have some fun talkin cars!