N/A to Turbo Swap

Ronr3914

Hi everyone,
I am new to the 3.8 world and I just recently picked up a n/a 3.8 regal. According to the casting numbers, the block was used in some gn/t type cars and it may have a forged crank. I want it to make reasonable power and I am also converting it to a stick…
I am looking for some direction on the build, so any input would be greatly appreciated. There seems to be a decent amount of take off parts on fb marketplace in my area so I am considering piecing one together. I am also considering a 3800 swap. Thanks for your time,
Ron.

Swap the carb with one of those efi throttle bodies that can handle boost, fab up a hot side with an ebay turbo, and build a fuel system to supply it. Expect to spend double your initial estimate, assuming you do all the welding and fabricating yourself. Then post the pictures here.

Swap the carb with one of those efi throttle bodies that can handle boost, fab up a hot side with an ebay turbo, and build a fuel system to supply it. Expect to spend double your initial estimate, assuming you do all the welding and fabricating yourself. Then post the pictures here.
I didn’t even think of that. I appreciate the input.