Anyone live in the Spring area of Houston ?

I guess I should have cruised out there. I heard a rumor that they were only letting in '79's and older.

Yeah I saw both gns there, looked for you slim but you were in a different car than I was looking for lol.Not a bad show at all.

well if i brought my own car they would have told me to park off in the kroger parking lot...Type-T's arnt as cool

" well if i brought my own car they would have told me to park off in the kroger parking lot...Type-T's arnt as cool"

Well we could start are own car show in the Krogers parking lot!

im completely down with this idea...it'll be right next to their STUPID meet.

ill bring the parking cones. you bring the electric scooters

Man I had some kid tell me the other day that my Monte Carlo looked bad ass. What's the world coming to?

Yeah, I said it's not a monte carlo it's a Buick. And he goes That's a Buick??!! lol. Who says T-types aren't cool? I love my GN but damn I'd love to get a T-type someday too. Ultimate sleeper.

honestly i love my type-T more than the few Gn's ive owned in the past...just for the fact that if you put a hood ornament and a blue paint job in it, people get dumb to the fact that its a lighter Grand National.

my car doesnt even come up on the "radar".... im still looking for a nice set of "wire wheel" style hubcaps to put over the weld racing wheels

I saw one for sale a while back with the chrome headlight buckets, vinyl top, hood ornament and all. A car like that would be so much fun to mess with some of the modern muscle on the streets today.

mine sounds about like that minus the vinyl top....it was traded out for purple tinted windows and a " Jesus Saves" rear view mirror ornament

this time ill be going back to the car show with my pile of "win and sucess" might be the last time its running on the well beaten 3.8 lol... hope to see yall out there

sure will.... im bringing my car and will prolly end up parked near to the left of kroger by the oriental resturant

<-------

Do they do this car show EVERY weekend? I was unable to make it this past weekend because we were out of town for the holidays, but it'd be nice to meet a few other TB owners in the area. I hate to sound like such a candy-a$$ but the HBC meetings down in Sugar Land sure do seem like a long way to go.

The Nifty Fifties cruise at Spring Cypress/Cypresswood goes from March to November every Saturday night.

Good info to know. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to make it out there a few more times this season.

The HBC picnic is at Bear Creek Park; Hwy 6 @Clay Rd on the 22nd ...not quite as far as Sugarland
Hope to be there & hope to see you there!

Old thread I know...I just got my TR and I live in the 249/1960 area..so Dan I will take over the "guy who always needs something" role

I guarantee you'll have to fight me for it!! Welcome to the club.

I see you are @ 249 & 1960. I work at the OLD HP complex just north of you. Live just a shade north of that off of Spring Cypress. I have some buttoning up to do tonight and into the morning on the car, but hope to have it all done & running tomorrow. RJC ADPP, AFPR, replace VC gaskets, re-fill coolant, plug wires. Maybe I'll even give it a bath. There seems to be a few more of us "northwesterners". I already owe slimtastic and GBGN1 a beer or two; we should try to get us all together sometime / somewhere to shoot the sh!t and have a few cold ones.

hi Dan - just saw this thread... don't get on the board very often these days... but I live real close to you, also at Spring Cypress and 249. I'm in the Lakewood Grove subdivision. Where are you at?

John