Why do we live in the Midwest????

SPTLSS1

I was born on the southside of Chicago and lived in the NW suburbs all my life.

I am so sick and tired of winters that if it weren't for my wife I would have moved years ago. The putting the car away for the winter, bringing in the patio furniture, can't do much outside, my new daily driver always covered with salt, the high cost of living, traffic, etc....

Sorry for venting but I can't stand the cold and snow and would be happy to never see a snowflake again. I'd rather be enjoying my car then typing about it on the computer.

Ok, now I'm done.

No Hurricanes, mudslides, wildfires and... we have Da Bears!!!

I agree with you and also lived in the NW suburbs for years. We moved near the beach a year ago so we enjoy summers and the winter months help us to appreciate our nice weather in the spring fall and summer.

Tell me about it when I go visit family in TX cant believe the conditions of their everyday drivers especially the BLACK ones they still look like brand new cars even though they are like 8 years old. Wife wont move cause her family is here as well.....but when you think about it though Chicago is one of the best cities during the summer.

I look at winter as a time to fix what I broke during the summer:D . Thats the only thing I like about winter, and I can't say that I really "LIKE" it.

There is some hope on the horizon. Friday is Groundhog day! Let's hope the groundhog does not freeze to death and does not see his shadow so we have an early spring! :)

I agree we have decent weather aside from winter...and winter is a good time to fix our rides.

I just walked in from my HEATED garage installing some trim pcs on the Limited. I told the wife that if she makes me stay in a cold climate then I get to heat the garage!

Come on spring! I've only driven my car six miles since I bought her last November...;(

I grew up in the western suburbs and now live in the far NW suburbs. The weather here in Chicago is alot more mild than when I was a kid. I am 50. My car is really down only the month of January. Last Friday was in the thirties and I took the opportunity and drove my car 100 miles. I look for any opportunity when the streets are clean and go for it.
I am self-employed so it is easier. By the way I lived in CO for 16 yrs and moved back mainly for my wife(from Chicago) but just as important are the people who live here. I like living here and I am not leaving. My 2 cents. Brad

More reasons to stay in Chicago.

Chicago style hotdogs, Deep dish pizza, and Italian beefs. It dont get any better than that, except Im currently on a good eating plan so I cant eat any of the listed items. :( . And lets not forget we have two major league teams. The greatest Museums in the country, and the biggest crooks running City government. Of course the Hot-ee factor. :biggrin: Nuff said.

Thanks

Thanks guys for providing your thoughts.

Makes it easier to deal w/ the eight degree temp this am.

Hey it's Feb tomorrow and come March the car comes out from under the cover!!!

Chicago style hotdogs, Deep dish pizza, and Italian beefs. It dont get any better than that, except Im currently on a good eating plan so I cant eat any of the listed items. :( . And lets not forget we have two major league teams. The greatest Museums in the country, and the biggest crooks running City government. Of course the Hot-ee factor. :biggrin: Nuff said.

Hey Gary how come you didn't mention any donut shops?:eek: :eek:

j/k

Prasad

Eli's closed

The real Eli's in the city closed. Used to go there yrs ago.

Frozen Eli's is still good.

I usually feel the same way. I sit here all winter staring at the mods that I wanna do to my car and realize that it's too cold to go work on it. No car shows to go to, not even nice enough outside to just cruise around for fun.

On the otherhand, it's 4-5 months where I can have money for other stuff besides car parts, 4-5 months where I'm not putting too many miles on a rare car, and maybe going through the cold months makes you appreciate summer that much more.

My $.02

Winter sucks - YES

BUT

There ain't no place like Chicago in the summer. Fresh new spring, summer the city comes alive and we all know it. We have to get the party on because we all know 6 months down the road it will be cold again.

#1 reason to live in Chicago - The girls at Wrigley !!!!!!

I actually moved from IL. 6mo. of sh!t weather and nothing to do. I packed up and moved to FLA. :cool: The experience and people were great. Everyone is from some where else and always something to do because it was so nice everyday. I moved back to IL and am now living much better, but still get depressed. Jan-Feb are the most depressing months for us, so work some overtime like I do(Hunker down as I like to call it) and you'll be able to spin your wheels in no time :) HTH