Why do we live here???

Ice Snow

Down here in Savannah Ga, temps in the 20s-30s but no snow.:biggrin: I lived in the Twin Cities MN about a year and the Snow Ice sucked so i feel for you guys .. Back down south were i belong..

I despise the winter here, but at the same time I like it. House parties, hiding in the garage, lazy hangover days, jumpin in the truck when we get two feet of snow and plowing through drifts and driving like a maniac because I have an excuse to. I'd have to say the only thing that makes me hate winter is having to work outside and shoveling snow. I love the summer here though. Hot humid nights-beer, boats, and boobs:cool::biggrin:

Hell- Besides the nice two weeks a year all the politicians here in IL are honest, property taxes are low, sales tax is even lower! The ethanol subsidies keep the farmers rich, food prices high and we get to buy E85 every 30 miles or so as an added benefit. Forgot the real benefit of IL- No emissions testing on our cars. God what a beautiful place to live. Brad
OK, for the out of staters Brad is just being funny.....Illinois sends governors and politicians to jail faster than we can elect them...:eek:

I will bitch about it every so often but in the grand scheme of things I enjoy it. Here in se Indiana/sw Ohio, it may be 10 degrees one day but 40 the next. I like the change from hot summers to cold winters, the spring puts you in a great mood no matter what your current issues are.

I am sick of this white sh!t and the low temps. I am used to the two seasons in Chicago though. You know the two. Cunstruction season and winter. My buddys mom lives in Hampshire il and they installed some kind of geo thermal system that uses water from a 1 acre man made pond thats about 40 feet deep. he could not tell me how it works. There were alot of red hoses going through the floors and into the foundation even the garage floor was heated. the house is still under cunstruction somaybe next year I will get some feedback.

Roger That!

I think the idea is to circulate the water from the pond through the floor tubing. Though it will not make big heat, it will maintain the temp of the water in the pond. Ideal for a floor system because you don't want too much heat there. A few degrees below the air temp would be ideal even a 45-50* floor will make it feel so much better.

I heard of other systems using a well. Problem I see with that is the harsh minerals in the water circulating through the components. :eek:

Now back to topic. :biggrin: This weather sucks!

Well I like the winter. No Buick breakdowns, waxing or dumping money into it for gas and Meth. I also get to go on plenty of dinner and a movie dates. The its too cold excuse keeps people from asking me about car issues and plenty of time to see the women in the gym working out. Now spring time is what I don't like. Drastic weather changes and people in a hurry to be ready for the summer.

Why in God's name do we even live around here? Its only about the second week of this crap and Im sick of it already! I got out of my car to chip the ice off my frozen wipers blades that couldnt clear the frozen washer solvent off my salt covered windsheild and fell on my frozen ass! I must be getting old, cause this sucks. I think Im gonna move down around Tenn. or KY somewhere.

Why?
Because you have snow around you. That's why;) Just got home from Stockton. Hour away from you and I road the Yamaha Nytro 90 miles yesterday D! Awesome trails, bars, friendly people etc. Had a blast. Buy a sled ,call me and lets beat the winter blues:) That's Right. Happy Holiday's Too All. Hopefully I will have a motor from DLS after this winter. If not buying another boat.:cool: **** It.:D

I got your boat, its cheap too!:D Yeah, I should buy another sled, new building going up first though.:cool: Merry Christmas Tony, we"ll talk too you soon

Speaking of boats. I have a friend in Frankfort KY with some older sailboat that he's wanting to sell super cheap. It's got a trailer and all. I haven't seen it but at his price, it seems like he's giving it away. I think it's called a west wight potter...

Oh and to stay on track with this thread. The weather still sucks here too. ;)

Was mid 20's here 2 weeks in a row. Thought about moving to Florida - hey I am in Florida. This "global warming" is hard to comprehend.

The heat pump is a very interesting concept. I would love to learn more about it.

From what I was described, a heat pump is pretty much the reverse of air conditioning. It involved refrigerant to make it work.

With that said, it's a cheezy way to heat the air. Not very efficient unless you live in Florida IMO. When I lived in North Carolina, two of the houses I lived in were heat pump equipped. Even though NC has mild winters (typically in the 20's, occasionally gets down to the teens), the heat pump really didn't keep my house all that toasty. Plus the coils on the condenser have a tendency to ice over and then you have to turn on the aux heat or go out and chip off all the ice.

Maybe it's because I grew up in Indiana where we had an oil furnace in our home which did a really good job of keeping the house toasty, albeit the need to repaint the walls every few years. We eventually switched to gas and it did a good job too. Only other thing that might be better would be a wood burning stove, but that requires tending to all the time, but damned if you'd be cold. So heat pumps suck, no thanks. I hope to never have another home with one. Give me a real furnace any day.

I do agree winter can be a bummer though but it can also be fun. Granted all the car shows quit and it's not really the weather to bring your GN or whatever classic car you own, out to drive.....but when the snow hits, and if you have a 4X4 (like anyone in the midwest should have IMO), it's fun to go out snow busting. But the other day having to shovel snow out of my drive in the cold (while I was sick no less) had me thinking "Why in the hell am I dealing with this **** instead of being somewhere warmer?" Well as mentioned I did grow up in Indiana so I'm almost used to it, then I spent 8.5 years living in NC where the snow (which was seldom) was almost like a treat in some aspects, but at least it wasn't as cold as it has been here in Missouri where I've been almost 3 years now....just last week it was balls shattering cold....like 4 above in the morning. Damn that's c-c-c-cold! But yesterday it was like 48 outside and that's actually not bad. I dunno maybe I need to move back down south, especially with all the epistaxis I've had to deal with this fall/winter...I probably need a warmer more humid climate.

I agree, of all the places I've been too, I loved Kentucky and Tennessee. If my entire family wasn't out here, that is where I would be living. Memphis has a job available should I need it. The laws out here suck, the taxes out here suck, there is really no reason to stay besides my family.

Winter in the Midwest sucks big, fat, hairy, sticky, smelly, oozing-donkey balls. NUF SAID. :biggrin:

While down in Florida a few weeks ago I realized ..yes this suckz i work my azz off for what...Cold sh!ty weather...the Landscapers and the cubans that i have to pay for down in Florida think they have it so bad...their livinin Paradise..:eek::eek: