Any TR folks in KY???

Well it is going to be a little chilly to drive the TR down so I guess I will drive the gas getter down there. Weather looks good. Supposed to be around 50-55*..................yay!!!!

Can't wait to see some of your cars guys!! Hopefully one of you will be kind enough to take me for a ride!!!

dee

I just went to the site to get the address and info and this is what I pulled:

"THE KYHORSEPOWER.COM FALL SHOOTOUT WILL BE HELD SUNDAY NOV 9. GATES 8:00, OPEN TRACK 10:00 - DUSK WITH 1/4 MILE RACING AT 1:00"

Does this mean that they open at 10:00am since it goes till dusk? BTW is this only for KYHP guys? Didn't seem to be on the regular track itinerary.

Who all is going? I want to pull my car out of the garage before snow falls.

DEE, are you bringing your car?
87TurboGN: hope there were no Major issues...

On December the 1st, I will be a KY resident:biggrin: I can't wait!

Anyone live near Union, KY?

Why Kevin? Moving with your job?

Actually it's only 30-45 minutes from my current house. Right now I live in the City of Cincinnati, which has terrible schools and high taxes. We have to pay $5K in tuition for my 6 year old kid to go to a private school. Next year when my other son reaches school age, it will be $10K a year:eek: The spot where we are going has got a very good school district...and it's public, so it's free:biggrin: Also, my neighborhood has taken a MAJOR down turn in the last 5 years. They started to move in section 8 housing. There is a murder or robbery every other day within a mile radius of my house. My property went down in value $20K dollars in 2 years:mad: I'm pissed at the city and state for doing this...I've had enough!! So it's a win-win situation for me and my family...better schools, lower taxes, safer community and a bigger garage:biggrin:

I fianlly braved the cold today and made it to the track. Had a chance to meet a few people and see the carnage first hand.

Attachments

• track at clay city KY 9 nov 08 001.jpg
    track at clay city KY 9 nov 08 001.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 242
Are you okay? I have been there look in the safety section. How bad did it hurt the car or trans? Anyone building a more then stock GN, needs a better driveshaft!!

Not mine. Belonged to a person I met there. The track was hooking up well and proceeded to break several cars.:eek:

He had a driveshaft loop so all I saw was damage to the exhaust besides the driveshaft. Looked ugly but overall not too horrible. It sure made me a believer and I will put a loop on all my TR's from now on.

Damn!!! I wish that that was you, lol. Saw it happen just as he was coming out of the burnout box.........sucks!!! If you remember the red 1g AWD that was having problems all day that was the car I put together, lol. Ended up with a best of:
1.7 60'
12.3 @ 106

Was not happy with it. I was kindof occupied with it. Went and tried to talk to the guy with the white TR and he was too busy to talk to me, lol. Man that sucks he broke it sounded GOOD!!!!!

p.s. Hopefully I can finally get to my turd now, lol.

Uh-Oh....thats not good, Chris. What happened?

Sorry I missed all you guys there today. Since I was not racing I had to stck around for my wifes birthday. Otherwise she might have taken a sledge hammer to the GN.

I have boost leaking through the head gasket into the coolant galley. I suspect the Cometic gaskets, which have seeped since the motor was built, may have been damaged during the break in. As the new ARP studs stretched. I re-torqued, but it was too late. So I am pulling it.

It ran a 10.13 on a foot brake at 140 mph 60ft 1.63. 24 lbs boost. IT is a PISSED off 109, But I have to do a little work this winter. Easy 9's ahead.

Rather be safe than sorry.

Hope to see everyone next year at the track. Thanks to Robert Wilson and Kip Asplund for all their help.
:cool:

So, is everyone hibernating now? Ok, everyone besides Dee?:biggrin:

It is hard to go down to the garage in this kind of weather, So I am staying inside and thinking about all the work i should be doing...Gretting ready to break down the Motor with Robert and make a few changes...Hopefully back in one piece soon, then a few other changes to be made.

If you are near lex, let us know.:smile: