Any TR folks in KY???

My thoughts exactly. Too freakin' cold. Still trying to get motivated to even work on the small stuff... One of these days... BTW, I go to Lex usually on the weekends most for beer run purposes since I'm about an hour south in dry county area...:mad:

My thoughts exactly. Too freakin' cold. Still trying to get motivated to even work on the small stuff... One of these days... BTW, I go to Lex usually on the weekends most for beer run purposes since I'm about an hour south in dry county area...:mad:

Shoot me a PM next time you come up.....CA

Will do.

BTW, I figured I'd post up here since this is where the bulk of KY guys are to be found...My next door neighbor has an 87 Regal- Powder blue exterior and dark blue interior. Bench seats, v-8. Rough condition overall- some rust issues in the rear quarter, doesn't run-may potentially have some usable odds and ends. I think they wanted to sell it to me. I have too many cars as it is but if people need parts I might be able to snag some parts.. LMK if there is anything you need...

KyHorsepower spring shootout is April 5th if anyone cares. I am working on my suspension in a week or 2 and am hopefully going down with a buddy of mine and his badass camaro(if he can get it done, lol)

dee

TTT

April 5th is the shootout date, with April 12th as the rain date!

Same rules as we will be doing some modifying on the classes and such.

8:00 gates open

Testing at 9:30

Racing at Noon

Run till 7pm

$40 entrance for racing

$10 Specatator

Anyone out of hibernation yet? :D

I know we have lots of "racers" in the area. Anyone down for a simple meet? Maybe we can find an all-you-can-eat mustang spot? :p

Got the car out last Friday, and gave it a bath. Saturday we put around 150 miles on it, and the car is running great.

Several of the locals are heading to Beechbend on April the 4th, for the Saturday night drags. There will probably be a big turnout, with plenty of Blue Ovals to pick on.

The cruise at Somerset begins next month. Did anyone ever make it out to that last year? We made the trip back in October. While there we saw a couple of other Regals, a hot air GN with the Lear Siegler interior, and a white T-type setting along Highway 27 later that night.

How is the new motor coming along? Is Cornett's Machine Shop doing any of the engine work for you? They've got an excellent reputation amongst alot of the shops and racers around here.

Where's Beechbend?

I did make it out to 1 Somerset cruise and one in London "Cruising on Main". Somerset was way bigger. Not one GN anywhere- at either show.:frown:

I was hopin' to get a few Buick brothers down this way to help me lay the smack down. Lots of Mustangs, Camaros, and Monte Carlo SS's... I still get that "nice monty" or "my brther had the twin turbo" blah blah blah...:biggrin:

I have some engine work being performed out of state...;)

Where's Beechbend?

That little town west of you about 2 hours, that everyone with a TR needs to be at come May 12-16. Bowling Green, site of the GS Nationals.

The afternoon we went to Somerset there was 972 cars at the cruise in. That was my first time at the venue, and hope to make it again sometime this year.

There are a lot of Mustangs and LS1's running around here also. They like to play on the street, until you become serious with them, then they want to run and hide. The street isn't like it was 20+ years ago, there are to many people out on the road today.

It would be good if some of us were able to meet up somewhere, I know of several locals, however there are still a lot of others in the state that I haven't met.

Sorry. I'm an idiot. I made the trip last year to Beech Bend.

I'm down to hit the Somerset Cruise. Kinda sucks that this is a once a month event. Back in SoCal we had a cruise every friday and multiple events and meets on the weekends. Out here can't even find a reasonable spot for a group to meet. I'm in S.E. KY, you're in S.W. KY, lots of guys up north in the Lexington area, etc...

I would welcome the opportunity to meet up with a group of fellow TR guys... I know we're all buy but, lets try to make this happen this year. It's part of the fun of owning these cars.
;)

BTW, if you check out the Somerset cruise website: http://www.somernitescruise.com/, their September cruise involves the opportunity to view a local private collection. The pic they posted has a GN. Maybe they should come and see MY collection... :)

Well, my car is finally starting to see the light. Got a chance to foot brake it to 22(on accident, LOL) with no nock and afr's looked great!! So still have 4:10 to put in and mini spool. Hopefully I will be tearing the street up tomorrow!! Wish me luck!!

Dee:

It's been a while. I figured you were swamped with work and those darned turbo diesels and DSM motors. Are you saying that you have that lovely Buick running properly?;)

Yes it is running pretty good finally. Still need to get some dyno time soon to dial it in but I think it will run fairly well.

Nope, still looking while trying to deal with the mess I call "My Life" is becoming a hard thing to accomplish. I cannot wait to move and get a garage that is worth working in, lol. Mine is just not big enough!!!! Period!!!!

dee