Any TR folks in KY???

Well I will let all the Lexington crowd jump on this one.
There is a bunch of them.
Take care, Kip

Where's everyone at?:confused:

I'm looking for a few referrals in the area as well. I'd like to find a good body and paint shop that can do a good job at a reasonable price...

Anyone?

Welcome to the Bluegrass state. There are several turbo Buicks here, around the Bowling Green area. Also, there are several around Lexington, Louisville, Elizabethtown, LBL area in the western part, and the Cincinnati area up north. If it's like around here, you won't see to many out until warmer weather. Look forward to seeing you over this direction in May.

Check around Lexington/Richmond or even Somerset. The area you are in is a little farther east than I venture on a regular basis. Good luck on your search.

Pat

I'm about 30 minutes or so from Somerset. I'll keep my eyes open. Just trying to find out where everyone's at. Any other meets during the year besides the Nationals?

I don't really know of any other Buick specific meets in the area, of course I've only been active for 3 years now. There are a few locals that frequent the local car shows, and the track on Saturday evenings thoughout the season. With there being as many TRs in-state as there is, I am surprised there is not more group activity than there is. Hopefully others will chime in.

Pat

With you being close to Somerset there will be quite a bit of car show and cruise activity. Check out Somernites Cruise. Every fourth Friday and Saturday for each month April-October they have a pretty good gathering of vehicles and enthusiasts in town.

Pat

Any get togethers during the winter? BTW, I'm looking for a referral to a good paint and body shop...Any sugestions?

Only a few replies and 136 views?:confused:

Maybe everyone is hibernating. I'm missing all of the fun that the SoCal guys are having and going crazy because I'd like to wrench on my rides but I don't have a heated garage and it's freakin' cold over here:mad:

I don't know how long I can take this..:frown:

ttt- stll looking for more KY TR guys.

I'm gonna have to keep this thread at the top until I get some KY guys to come out. If I would have posted in the SoCal section those guys would have come out of the woodwork and posted like crazy...

Just trying to get some participation...

How far are you from Bowling Green ky.,? I know that there are 2 consistant GN's that will porbably be there as soon as Beach Bend opens in the next coming months. One is a long time friend of mine running a GN in the 10.20's in the 128mph range and the other in a Hot Air 85 very streetable running 11.90's., My brother has a Supercharged Buick in 13's and I like to go when I can get out of Tennessee. We go in Spring and Fall. No summer drags for me. You should check it out on a weekend, at least get to run down a quarter mile.
Always seems to be a majority of cool people and it's like or better than a car show for the money. You may see some of a little of everything. A diesel Turbo rail set a record the last night I was there in October. It ran 188 mph...You can't get that at your local drive in car show! They have a web-site:
Schedule

Most of the cars in and around us are down for the winter. Make a roll call this spring and we will be crawling out from the wood work.

I suppose I'm a few hours east of BG as I'm in Laurel County.

I know the TR's are put away for the winter- mine are too. I'm just going nutty wanting to play with them. I'm from SoCal and was able to play year long, I'm having withdrawal symptoms...:eek: