11" bolt on brakes

last i checked advanced sold new hubs for around 50 bucks....and no I still haven't put mine on yet lol

last i checked advanced sold new hubs for around 50 bucks....and no I still haven't put mine on yet lol
Just priced them at AZ and advance. Advance price is 99.99 and AZ is 119.99 online. You can get a much better price on them from evilbay if you want to go that way.;)

Nice to see you get them on Jesse. I think you'll like the way they work.:D

Yeah now I just need a booster that works. btw, naparts has them for less than 60 bucks. They're not moogs but I don't see them failing more than once. Hell my grand am hit 170k and one side has been making a bit of noise for about 10k and hasn't gotten any worse. FOr all I know it might just be the axle making the noise

Did you make sure to pack the area behind the bearing with grease Jesse? That should help it to live longer rather than just rely on the little grease it comes with.;)

nah, if they go they go. Just tearing down the brakes were a pain in the ass. Had to use a breaker bar and stand on it just to break the caliper brackets loose. Plus I have no idea if the bearings are even good. If I get bored over the winter I might tear it down. I don't plan on doing too much driving between now and then anyways. After all it is a TR and it wouldn't be right if it wasn't wrong.

I bought new hub bearings off of evilbay for the GN, I paid $42.00 a piece for them. Look up "Dear born Axle" of Detroit thats where I purchased mine.;)

No real upgrade unless your front end is already junk. Only benefit is being able to do the Yvette conversion . I still have yet to see if impala caliper brackets will bolt to the s10 spindle to allow a 12in rotor. Doubt it will work. If it did I'm sure it would be done already. If it does the corvette conversion would be able to be done with no special brackets

Well there's about to be an inexpensive upgrade to the blazer knuckles guys. I just got finished with the brackets so you can use a 12" 4th gen F body rotor that 1.25" thick, on the knuckle and have a single piston caliper with a 2 & 15/16" piston.(y) It will require a 16" wheel or larger. Here's a sneak peak at what they look like.;) First pic is of the bracket mounted to the knuckle and the second is in comparison to the stock set up.:cool: When I get the chance I'll take a pic of the difference between the stock blazer brakes and these.(y)
DSCF1287.JPG DSCF1288.JPG
If everything works right good2win22 will be testing them in the next week or 2 on his car. This upgrade should stop the car on a dime and give you 9 cents change.:D

Well today has been a total PITA trying to get down to Good2win22's place and do the instal. Took forever to get there and then had some issues with the clearance since Jason had used sticky weights on the inside of the wheels. The calipers are so large that I'll need to use a 1/8" spacer between the GTA fronts and the rotor. I ground the extra off as well as did some grinding on the top of the caliper to clear the sticky weights. Bled everything out and then went for a drive, only to find that the weights on the passenger side hitting and the pedal feel wasn't quite right.:mad: The stainless braided hose on the passengers side was leaking and it's not that old.:eek: Jason took a vid of how bad it was and when I saw it I couldn't believe a hose that's as new as it is was bad.:rage:

After a trip to the local O'rielly's and loading the national account numbers, we had 2 new stock hoses, bled everything out, and took it for a test again. There was a slight clicking which turned out to be a clearance issue once again on the left side, so back to the house once more to check for rub marks.:rolleyes: Made sure everything was good and took off once again for some testing. Did stops from 30, 40, 50 and 60 mph to see how it reacted. Other than a soft pedal it did pretty good, but the pedal wasn't as good as it could be so it may need to be bled again or I'm going to look ad a different master cylinder to increase the pressure to the fronts. Here's a few pics to show the differences between stock, S-10 blazer, and the 12" upgrade to show the differences between them.
DSCF1289.JPG DSCF1290.JPG DSCF1291.JPG DSCF1292.JPG DSCF1294.JPG

A couple more to show how well this fills out the the center of the wheel. The white paint was used to see where things were rubbing and the calipers were for the same application but are designed a little differently for some reason.
DSCF1295.JPG DSCF1293.JPG

Well today has been a total PITA trying to get down to Good2win22's place and do the instal. Took forever to get there and then had some issues with the clearance since Jason had used sticky weights on the inside of the wheels. The calipers are so large that I'll need to use a 1/8" spacer between the GTA fronts and the rotor. I ground the extra off as well as did some grinding on the top of the caliper to clear the sticky weights. Bled everything out and then went for a drive, only to find that the weights on the passenger side hitting and the pedal feel wasn't quite right.:mad: The stainless braided hose on the passengers side was leaking and it's not that old.:eek: Jason took a vid of how bad it was and when I saw it I couldn't believe a hose that's as new as it is was bad.:rage:

After a trip to the local O'rielly's and loading the national account numbers, we had 2 new stock hoses, bled everything out, and took it for a test again. There was a slight clicking which turned out to be a clearance issue once again on the left side, so back to the house once more to check for rub marks.:rolleyes: Made sure everything was good and took off once again for some testing. Did stops from 30, 40, 50 and 60 mph to see how it reacted. Other than a soft pedal it did pretty good, but the pedal wasn't as good as it could be so it may need to be bled again or I'm going to look ad a different master cylinder to increase the pressure to the fronts. Here's a few pics to show the differences between stock, S-10 blazer, and the 12" upgrade to show the differences between them.
View attachment 228334 View attachment 228335 View attachment 228336 View attachment 228337 View attachment 228338
Very good work! So the bracket comes from where?

Very good work! So the bracket comes from where?
I made it Steve.:D It's made out of 1/2" thick plate and I screwed up the first bracket when I got ahead of myself trying to trim it down to what I thought I needed.:oops: I've been working on this for months and everything came together finally, so there's a cheap alternative to using 13" vette or larger set ups and we should be able to still use the GTA wheels.;) Jason will be testing these out for me and I think I figured out why the pedal's soft. Now I just need to fix that issue and find some 1/8" spacers for the area between the wheel and rotor.(y)