11" bolt on brakes

petesgn

Banned
I just installed these brakes from a 2000 s10 blazer 2wd they were 99% bolt on.
Man they stop way better than stock and i can run my T wheels with out any rubbing. :cool:

Attachments

• turbo t.jpg
    turbo t.jpg
    618.5 KB · Views: 9,936
petesgn said:
I just installed these brakes from a 2000 s10 blazer 2wd they were 99% bolt on.
Man they stop way better than stock and i can run my T wheels with out any rubbing.

That's great having another option....

Did you have to use an adapter plate, and who made it?.

bruce said:
That's great having another option....

Did you have to use an adapter plate, and who made it?.

No plates or adapters Well the only adapter i used was a edelmann 3/16 to 1/4 inverted flare for the brake line thats it .

Only 98 -05 s10 blazers come with this brake setup

i just unbolted spindle assy from the donor blazer purchased the line adapter bled the brakes and off the alignment shop..

WOOSHH said:
What do you need off of the Blazer?

the whole spindle assy with rotor caliper brake line etc

basically just undo the rubber brake line , undo tie rod end, both upper and lower ball joint from the blazer and remove and install on your car then bleed brakes etc..

the s10 blazer has to be 2wd 98 -05

Thanks-this is better than the Baer 11in system.This caliper looks very similar to the C5 Corvette caliper. Do you think it will clear with a 87 GN rim?

WOOSHH said:
Thanks-this is better than the Baer 11in system.This caliper looks very similar to the C5 Corvette caliper. Do you think it will clear with a 87 GN rim?

it should

i could borrow a gn wheel from a friend a try it for you .

Got the link-that caliper is way better than the one Baer offers.Baer uses the ZR1 caliper which has 38mm pistons.That looks exactly like late model Camaro and Corvette calipers which have 40mm pistons.With the stock hydroboost set-up that is gonna clamp down a whole lot better than the stock set-up.Let me know when you get a chance to see if the GN wheel clears. Thanks again.

Were there any alignment issues(caster/camber/toe)?
Are the two spindle pretty much the same dimensions?
Very cool idea btw. Looks great.

the alignment shop didnt have any problem aligning it.

when i took out the old spindle i matched it to the blazer spindle and everthing was the same ball joint height etc

How's the braking? Did you have to add an adjustable proportioning valve or does it seem to work pretty good without one?

Gbodynutt said:
How's the braking? Did you have to add an adjustable proportioning valve or does it seem to work pretty good without one?

no proportioning valve added , still using stock powermaster setup

brakes real good :D

petesgn said:
No plates or adapters Well the only adapter i used was a edelmann 3/16 to 1/4 inverted flare for the brake line thats it .

Only 98 -05 s10 blazers come with this brake setup

i just unbolted spindle assy from the donor blazer purchased the line adapter bled the brakes and off the alignment shop..

That is a bolt-on.
What a neat way to go.

The only thing I might add is those sealed hub and bearing assemblies are a POS! They wear rather fast for some reason. To bad you dont have any comparison tests. Sounds like a lot of work IMO for an extra 1/2 inch in diameter but I guess its the surface area that counts. BTW I haven't found any bolt on brake components that will fit on those spindles and hubs to upgrade them to a larger size with out doing the same old LS1/1LE modifactions, i.e. caliper adapter brackets.

Do you have any measurements on what the difference in pad area was? Looks like a good setup.