11" bolt on brakes

bigal614 said:
Sounds like a Very good setup! But questions, How will these fit with actual GNX rims with there BSing? and how does the LS1 setup compare to this one???? concerning braking and ease of install, etc.

on the gnx wheels i do not know
Im doing a ls1 setup right now for my gn I have this setup on my turbo t daily driver .
I switched over to this setup on a sunday it took me 2 hours to do the switch.

LV GN said:
also is the center hub the same size where it goes thru the wheel? thanks.

yep same center size the stock T wheel centered on fine

i will take some pics tomorrow of it .

bigal614 said:
Hey Pete, i'm a little confused? Did you do the LS1 setup or the S-10 setup?
I did the s10 setup for my turbo T and in the process of doind a ls1 setup for my GN havent had time to finish,ive been busy at work.

heres a pic of the ls1 brakes on my GN

Attachments

• gn2.jpg
    gn2.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 2,788
Two things

Twothings. First, you say these work with stock Turbo T aluminum rims, right? Will you be able to try fitment with stock GN rims and how about GTA-style 16" rims? Also, it seems to me that if you have this front system on AND rear brakes with S-10 wheel cylinders and 2 soft secondary (bigger) shoes that you might have a more balanced brake system than with just this front upgrade or just the rear upgrade. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

TURBOTWIN2 said:
Twothings. First, you say these work with stock Turbo T aluminum rims, right? Will you be able to try fitment with stock GN rims and how about GTA-style 16" rims? Also, it seems to me that if you have this front system on AND rear brakes with S-10 wheel cylinders and 2 soft secondary (bigger) shoes that you might have a more balanced brake system than with just this front upgrade or just the rear upgrade. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

Yep im currently running Turbo T wheels , I will try a GN wheel as soon as i get one from a friend

i havent done anything to the rear but your right it might balance the braking more.

I will ask around if anybody has a gta wheel so i can try it.

heres a pic of the wheel

Attachments

• turb.jpg
    turb.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 2,588
Hey Pete, Thanx for the reply! Why did you decide to go to the LS1 setup for the GN and not stick with the S-10 setup? How do the S-10 brakes feel, stop, etc? and which one has had a better install, etc?
Thanx for all the help bro and pics are Great!!! Al

No kidding, pete. Thanks for all the pics and info.

BTW, how did you find out about the s10/blazer upgrade?

bruce said:
It's not just about .5" in diameter.
It's about applying more pressure across the pad with less flex. It's about a heavier rotor, that allows for ability to heat sink more heat. Better caliper mounting with less flex, and less potential to bind.

Also, there is more leverage (hence less effort) the further out that the pads 'grab' the rotor. Which you see on the larger rotors.

bigal614 said:
Hey Pete, Thanx for the reply! Why did you decide to go to the LS1 setup for the GN and not stick with the S-10 setup? How do the S-10 brakes feel, stop, etc? and which one has had a better install, etc?
Thanx for all the help bro and pics are Great!!! Al

I went with the ls1 for my GN because i had already started buying all the pieces to put it together before i found out about the s10 blazer brakes
, that and i have aftermarket wheels on it wheels (17 telstars) so i wanted a big brake setup , actually i had a b body 12 inch setup on it but didnt like the bumpsteer so im switching to the ls1 setup.

on the turbo t i wanted to keep the stock wheels and the ls1 setup is too big to fit .

the brakes stop great way better than before :cool:

any pic you need to see let me know i will take it .
:D

So if i'm running 16in GNX rims which setup would you prefer/recommend between the LS1's or S-10"s?

bigal614 said:
So if i'm running 16in GNX rims which setup would you prefer/recommend between the LS1's or S-10"s?

I would go with the ls1 the bigger the better.

the reason i went with the s10 blazer brakes on my turbo t was that i wanted to keep the stock 15 inch wheels.

Xcellent!! Thank you for the wonderful info!!!!! Thats what i'm going to go with then!! Any suggestions or preferences?? I will go with slotted/drilled rotors.

bigal614 said:
Xcellent!! Thank you for the wonderful info!!!!! Thats what i'm going to go with then!! Any suggestions or preferences?? I will go with slotted/drilled rotors.

Thats what i will have on my GN also slotted and drill . :smile:

So the LS1 brakes won't fit under 15" wheels? Hmmm... guess i'll be putting the S-10 brakes on the Cutlass then. :)