11" bolt on brakes

Anyone know if the stock lines or braided lines meant for the factory brakes will fit the S10 brakes or would i have to use the s10 brake lines?

Any more success stories reported with the 2WD S10 conversion?

is there a source for aftermarket S10 rotors with higher performance - for example: slotted and drilled?

How does this set-up compare in performance vs. the standard stuff you can buy at Summit (i.e. Wildwood dynalite) which is approx 2x the cost.

Any more success stories reported with the 2WD S10 conversion?

is there a source for aftermarket S10 rotors with higher performance - for example: slotted and drilled?

How does this set-up compare in performance vs. the standard stuff you can buy at Summit (i.e. Wildwood dynalite) which is approx 2x the cost.

I just did the S10 Blazer brake conversion on my GN, I gotta say I noticed a big improvement over the stock setup. Everything bolted right in place as was said. I used brand new slotted rotors with new SS brake lines. I used the SS brake lines from a 98-05 2wd Blazer, I did NOT need to use a brake line adapter on the brake line, everything bolted right in place. The conversion was well worth it in my opinion. I also have 15" rims with this setup, they are the Kirban GNX look alike rims, no rubbing at all.

I just did the S10 Blazer brake conversion on my GN, I gotta say I noticed a big improvement over the stock setup. Everything bolted right in place as was said. I used brand new slotted rotors with new SS brake lines. I used the SS brake lines from a 98-05 2wd Blazer, I did NOT need to use a brake line adapter on the brake line, everything bolted right in place. The conversion was well worth it in my opinion.

Where did you get the Blazer braided brake hoses?

I got the SS brake lines from Ebay, the company's name was Silverstone Modifications N Racing.

if anyone sees them on ebay for cheap please post up. I did a search and could not come up with any :(

I went to my local yard this morning and for some reason only 1 out of 5 2wd 98-04 blazers had the dual piston setup, no idea why but apparently not all 2wd's had them.

Finally got around to getting parts, there was only one at my local yard but I got everything from the spindle out for 200$. Pretty stoked because it wound up being a hell of a lot easier to find the parts than I thought. Now I can clean up the parts and prep them and get it all ready before I do the front suspension. Slowly getting closer to the rebuild! I got the parts, the weather, and now I just need some time haha.

Bye the way if yall dont know about Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market that is the easiest way to hunt junkyards ever... I dont even bother looking in a yard until I check that site.

Most of the Blazers that have them are 4 door 2wd with towing package. Very few of the extreems had them as well as the rest. That's why they're kinda hard to find.

Just picked up a set of front S10 brakes, all brand new for $200 off of the S10 board. Just need to shoot the pads and calipers black. Which tubular upper and lower A - arms work best with this setup?
Markham-20111023-00292.jpg

thast's a good deal. I paid 80 bucks for mine but I had to pull them myself. I'm going to put them on later this winter when I get bored. I'm going with ceramc pads for sure but still undecided if I'm gonna use stock rotors or spend the money on drilled/slotted

I'll use the stockers I guess and pocket the 225. For that kind of money you could start collecting parts for corvette brakes:eek:

Nice Mike. I'm not sure I'd run the drilled rotors myself but you go a good deal on them. I have a feeling you'll like the way the car stops after you get them on. :)

As far as the arms, I don't know which ones will work best for you, but I will suggest that you get the taller ball joints for it. That will help a lot with the steering.

Charlie do you have parts numbers for the taller ball joints? possibly parts numbers for the ball joints best the steering upper and lower.

Sent you a PM. I passed the info on to someone and they may just end up being sold by a vendor on the board now.:)

Back from the dead here but it's good info and I added it to one of the suspension stickys.:D I'm also adding a link to the S10 warehouse on evilbay and they've got a few of these for sale fairly resonable.;) If you do a search for the bearing assemblies by part number you can find them as well for decent prices.:) To keep the bearings alive you need to add some grease to the pocket that the bearing goes into on the knuckle or add a zerk to it so you can use a grease gun to lube it some.:cool:

http://stores.ebay.com/CHEVY-S10-TR...=18807748&_sid=84492665&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322