Zaino

Tommyg

After spending $100 on this kit I had to spend $200 to get my paint buffed out. I had parked it under a live oak tree to keep it in the shade during work hours. It got a very light amount os sap on it but then it rained on it. I took it home and washed it and had water spots on it that wouldn't come off. I called Sal and he said to try vineager on it--nothing--he then said to get some 3m swirl mark remover--nothing. I then bought an oribital buffer--again nothing. After 4 hrs I called Sal back and he said to get a foam pad for the buffer instead of the terrycloth that came with it. Again nothing. Giving up, I took it to my local detailer and He buffed and waxed it to near perfect. Would I have had all this trouble had I not used Zano? My paint is not clear coat according to this guy and He says to just use carnuba wax from now on. What do you guys think? :confused:

Tree sap is the problem, not the type or brand of wax you use. You are better off parking in direct sunlight than under any tree. Tree sap and bird poop are bad news. You would have the same problem without regard to the brand/system of wax used.

There are lot's of Zaino heads out there. In my opinion, the results obtained with Zaino wax is a combination of the Zaino product and Zaino system of preperation of the car/paint surface prior to waxing and wax application. You do all the same work with other wax/systems and you will have similiar/same/better results.

In reality it all depends on the paint surface and preperation. The last car with faded paint I brought back to life was one of my 70 Chevelles with faded California single stage paint. It took over 40 hours of work to 3 stage color sand the car, 3 stages of buffing and final waxing to obtain a superb result. This is a lot of work and well worth paying a professional $500 if you do not wish to do the work or have the skill.

After all that work there is no way I would ever park under a tree!

To remove hard water spots from your black paint, use distilled water from a 1 gallon container and it will work pretty good.
Take care Tommy!

:biggrin:

BW