Z06 Run

Tmizunocherry

I was out to take my 87 GN out for a Friday Night ride, since I haven't driven it in a week. It's about 38 here in BG tonight. Running only 17 lbs of boost and 43 of fuel, and a stock turbo with Red's 93 chip.
Just minding my own business til when the Z06 pulled beside me and jumping around a bit.
He got behind me then got beside me on the 4 lane road out of town. We are just cruising along about 35 mph and I am running about 2 grand on the tach. I hear him gear down. When he does I stand on her. I actually pulled him hard where I didn't see him in my peripheral vision. Of course then I can hear him coming hard. It's a loud Vette. I have no mufflers so mine is not quiet but I can hear him well. He starts to pull past at a steady rate and when he is about a car and half I looked down to see my speedo buried so I let off.
I had mixed emotions. First thing was, he is fast. Don't believe that was a stock Vette? I was kind of proud of the Buick with my tune I had going that he had to chase me down but the main kicker was he came around me. I brought a knife to a gun fight but I wasn't looking for a fight either. But it was fun and got the blood pumping.
Just waiting for the savings account to increase to get some supplies to be ready next time.
Donations would be accepted as well, grin. Thanks to BadV6 for your donation!
Drive safe
Tyler

It was a C6, could tell by the body lines. Saw Z06 emblem on the side. A good friend of mine works as a quality engineer at the Vette plant and he owns one. So I knew what I was up against. Taking donations for Razor's Alky Kit, haha.

Tyler, your welcome, I'm glad to be able to help out. Your car with Razor's kit, a new chip, and a little tuning at 22-24# of boost will be like driving a different car. Be careful out playing, the locals aren't as forgiving as they were when I was young.

Thank you the advice! It's a great comfort to know that I fellow Buick owners close and just phone call away to get great advise about these cars! Yep, I am working my savings account to get supplies. You are right the locals are not as forgiving as they use to be. We just got told to slow down back then, grin.
Have a good Christmas!