Z06 antenna

87gnstock

Bigger isn't better!
Has anyone put one of these on your TR or GN? On my newest GN it came with the power antenna and does not seem to be working so i was wondering if i could put a Z06 antenna in its place, and what i would have to do to make it fit? I heard somewhere this could be done. Any ideas?

DENNIS KIRBAN sells it-

you will need to convert your power ant to the non power setup-

some parts are avail from GM, but im not sure if all the parts are still there-

radio still picks up the same stations:cool:

ED BREWER with DC TECH has one on his white T, sure is small, i didnt notice it till he pointed it out LOL

ED BREWER with DC TECH has one on his white T, sure is small, i didnt notice it till he pointed it out LOL

The Z06 antenna as received on a Z06 is not exactly small. Do you mean that it is thin as compared to the TR power antenna or
it is short by comparasion?

Many of the aftermarket Z06 suppliers have a "shorty" antenna that is considered by many to be reasonably attractive, and some of the Z06 owners have shortened theirs.

the one kirban sells for the z06 is about 6 inches tall

looks just like the stocker but only 6 inches tall

BW

Get the power original antenna from GM. When its appraised all the details count!! My 2 cents!!

FWIW & IMHO:
Z06 came with a fixed "removable" antenna. On the C5, only the convertible came with a power antenna.

Another option if you are interested is an electronic antenna from Dakota Digital (about $60). Mounts inside the car up on the windshield and does away with a fender antenna all together. They claim it "works as well as any factory unit". Mine seems to pick up pretty well despite the changing terrain in my area. But you have to move it around a little bit before you mount it to see where your best reception is. Sounds funny since the car will always be changing direction, but just providing info on my experience .