Your thoughts a two car open trailer

A buddy and myself are looking to sell our 19 foot open car trailer and upgrading to a two car. It will be used to drag the Buick to races, and moving cars in the Southeast. Should we look into a ball mount or a 5th wheel/goosneck style? Any recommendations on axles, wheels, etc? Anything we should look for in a used one?

We will be using a 06 Dodge Cummings single wheel (2500) as a tow vehicle.

Thanks,

Doug D

I have good friend that has a 2 car bumper hitch and he loves it, If it was mine it would be a GN they pull better they turn sharper. They cost more money but you can find some used ones out thier look on ebay.

A gooseneck is going to much more stable. A trailer and two cars are a lot of weight hanging off the rear bumper.

And, the GN kinda restricts the number of "friends" that want to borrow it!
Also, may deter some $hitbag from stealing it....

x4 on the gooseneck or a 5ver.

2 car tag :eek: :eek:

Although you can do it with a 2500, I would think you will be over on the GVW of the truck. I would at least look for a Diesel Dually. The dually is going to be much more stable and handle the load better. Also the dually has better brakes. You could get away with a Ford F450-550

You would be better off looking for a medium duty truck (Ford F650-750, GM TopKick) if you're going to do it for business.

Look on For Sale: race & performance cars, engines, engine parts, trailers for your trailer

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

3/4 ton or a 1 ton will be all the truck you will need. I pulled a 53' 4/5 car all over the country with a 1 ton and never had a problem. I would look at a wedge style trailer they make a 2 car but you will find more 3/4 car for sale and for the same money it never hurts to have a lil more then you need all the time.I just looked at ebay and thier is 5 maybe 6 for sale from $4,500 up to $12,000 I would look at some of the car lots around your town a lot of dealers have them and now with fuel so high they may not be useing them.