Your opinion is needed.

T What?

Addicted
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should i keep my car and cherry it out or sell it and take on a GN project. My car has mint interior, the upgrades in my sig. It needs a paint job but the body is rust free except a little under the T tops. The motor periodically smokes, that is gonna get pulled and freshened up when i get back if i keep the car. It ran 8.70 in the 1/8th, which i think is pretty decent considering its nearly bone stock. I love this car, but when i get it painted i want to black it out so i know thats gonna cost me some cash.
My buddy that im deployed with has an 87GN sitting in his shed with a hard motor knock. The interior is in really good shape and the body seems good too but it also is gonna need a paint job. The car will need a rebuild or I'll just buy another motor for it. He will sell me the car for 3K which I know is a good deal. Im in no position to have both.
Im gonna get the GN for sure even if i just flip it for some cash. I have about 7k into my T already. So do I try to sell my car that needs paint for 7 grand to get out of it and start over with this GN? Or do i just flip the GN for a quick proffit and take the money from that and invest it into my T? Either way im gonna keep 1 of these cars for good. I dont have much preference either way as far as the Turbo T or the GN goes. I love them both and a Blacked out T looks just as good to me as a GN. My T has the Chrome headlight bezels and grill. I like that look but the bumpers gotta go.
What do you think the smartest move in this situation will be? I have 5grand put away just for my car when i get back. So i have a little room to work with. This is a big descision for me, because honestly i want both of them. But if i do that i will have 2 cars that need work and it will take a long time to get both done. Im all ears, and cant wait to hear your opinion on the matter.

That's a tough question..A project can get away from you quickly so it also depends on $$, time, etc. Sounds like you have a pretty nice driver right now that you can take your time working on as time and money permits. You can also just see what happens. Buy the GN and try to get top dollar for it. If it doesn't sell for what you want sell the T and start to work on the GN.

I would by the gn and fix up.In the end the gn will be worth more money.Don't get me wrong I love my T,but I know I've put a lot of money in it that I will not be able to re cooperate.It's pretty hard to have enough time and money to keep two of these cars going. I restore old cars as a second job (bodyshop) Not everbody cares about getting there money back when selling. The enjoyment I get from my T is priceless.

Buy the gn sell both cars get a clean mice stocker where you dont have to do much. I loved my 86 gn and had dreams of rebuilding it bringbit backbetc. Too much time and money. I sold it and found a cleaner one for less thanniylt would have cost me to do body on it.

"mice stocker" =
"bringbit" =
"backbetc" =
"thanniylt"=

Above words were not in dictionary - not sure what you are saying? I think I know what a 'mice stocker' is - kinda like my old 'chipmonk stocker'!

Go with your heart .Both cars sound good and if you have the time money and energy save both . If not I would keep the T and paint it black. It sounds like your in the Military thanks for your service .