Your Dream 109 Bullet proof motor?

The gn is considered a rich man's toy. Its a money pit. . . . Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

many non gn owners do not think this ... I know ! and yes it is ... the only reason im still in this game is I love buick v6 cars ! ..... Im not even going to try an figure how much money I have in 3 engines alone not ounting everything needed to make theses cars run .... I love them because they are different! yes I cpuld have my ls1 car running good but everyone has a Camaro or a mustang with a ls1 in it ..... keep your head up

Where are you getting this price of $25k for a stage block motor? I've got the best parts available and have just a little over your 109 price into it. And it could have been done a lot cheaper. The real difference is the block. A used 109 and a girdle installed would be about $900. If you wait, you can find a used stage block for under $2k.

Id like to see you build a stage 2 with best parts for same price as a 109 ... then the 109 ant handle the 12-500 hp

turbos alone cane run 4k .. not counting injectors good heads T&D rockers dsl crank an rods large jurnal of course .. then the injectors intercooler , chromolly cage wheels tires rear end. are you kidding yourself

Read up. There is far far less than $25K in the motor.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/stage-2-gn-build.384220/

Why would a turbo for a stage motor cost more than one for a 109? Do you not need a cage and rearend for a 1000hp 109? Does a 1000hp 109 need different valvetrain than a stage motor? Are the injectors and intercooler different for a stage motor? Nope, not kidding.

You can take all those same parts from your 109 and put them in a stage block. The only cost increase is the block. The end product is more forgiving and capable of handling more power.

wher u located @ if u can run just as fast with a 109 ? why did u build a stage 2 ?

Read up. There is far far less than $25K in the motor.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/stage-2-gn-build.384220/

Why would a turbo for a stage motor cost more than one for a 109? Do you not need a cage and rearend for a 1000hp 109? Does a 1000hp 109 need different valvetrain than a stage motor? Are the injectors and intercooler different for a stage motor? Nope, not kidding.

You can take all those same parts from your 109 and put them in a stage block. The only cost increase is the block. The end product is more forgiving and capable of handling more power.
There's a big difference when u are a good fabricator... I've seen ur work. Greay work by the way.. Its amazing how much money can be saved when ir not paying and doing ur own work! Wish I had the time. My job consumes me. . . .

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Know of any nice stage blocks for sale? If so how much. . . If non available. . . I would have to wait. . . . A good deal with come up.... I will snatch one up in the future... hopefully!

Know of any nice stage blocks for sale? If so how much. . . If non available. . . I would have to wait. . . . A good deal with come up.... I will snatch one up in the future... hopefully!

In the last month there have been.

On tb.com classifieds.
On center stage 2 head motor complete intake to pan $13500
Stock style headed ta block stage motor complete intake to pan $12000
Brand new on center stage 2 block $3000

On ebay there was a used on center stage block that needed a sleeve. It sold for $650 buy it now.

If you want a perfect block for under $2000 it's very rare, and you have to have cash in hand and jump on them quick. I bought a 4.020 bore on center block with one sleeve for $1400. Put up a wanted add and you may be suprised with the responses you get. There will likely be a few at the gs nationals next month.

your 109 can handel 1200- 15000 rwhp ? negative ?

I don't have a 109. If you took everything from my 12-1500hp capable stage motor and put it in a 109 it would probably be good for about 1000hp because the block is the limiting factor.

If you take the parts from a 1000hp 109; forged 3.625 crank (from china), k1 rods, forged pistons, champion heads w/rockers, intake, roller cam etc. And with no changes put it all in a TA or stage block it would be more reliable and take more boost than the 109.

In the future I may consider a ta block. But for now I'm 109ing it. Lol I was already startig to contemplate a 3rd motor. Lol. J/k my wife would divorce my ass....lol

I actually priced out part per part if u had to buy everything new amd it hit 15k easily

I actually first looked dan up for a build. He has lots of work and I didnt want to wait that long. But I decided to go with someone who is proven in the 109...

Mike I must be building you A fake stage 2. Lol

I was going to make a comment about that... didn't want to step on any toes! But, ya thats funny. Dan builds u a "real stage 2" :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app