Yet another no start question

HEROTIME

IT'S HEROTIME!
Well I got the car back together now it will not start. Here is the deal my fuel pump and idiot lights all work fine. When I go to start the car nothing not even a click. The Batt is brand new and the scan master shows it to have 11.9V. I have a new mini starter on it and I checked the conn's 3 times and they were right. All the wires to the fuse links look fine IE.. no cuts or bare wire. SOO.... I installed the stock starter and I get the same thing:confused:
Any ideas?
Frank

Hey
I just resolved a similar problem..My ights was the only thing that was working. No horn, no start, not even a click!..you may want to try this. Bypass the relay (Ithink it is the fan relay). There are 3 relays next to each other on the driver's side. The larger relay has several wires and 2 red wires leading in and out of it. Bypass the red wires and give it a shot, it worked for me. The relay has I believe the 250274? on the side.....
good luck

If your battery isnt' up to voltage or is questionable I wouldn't go any further! I would want at least 13.0 volts at the battery. It isn't by chance out of adjustment in the shifter or column linkage is it? Try rotating the column piece by hand to make sure it is in park.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm on my way to the garage now to try it out. I'll let you know what happens.
Whis me luck
Frank
:D

OK THEN!!

Well after checking all my grounds and starter conn. 2 more times (what a PITA it is to get to the grounds on the trany and pass side head!)I got a hold of a shop manuel and did the no start flow chart. I went step by step and found that the ignition switch is bad. I can crank the car if I jump the post on the starter
Anyone have this experience?
Frank:D

i think your talking abouth taking ascrewdriver and touching the 2 terminals (posts)on the starter while a buddy turns the key.
charlloots
we4

ignition switch woes

Glad to hear you figured it out.

I had the same problem about a year ago, but it was intermittent. Sometimes I would get nothing on the key, other times it would start fine, and sometimes it would start and immediately die. I concluded it was the ignition switch after a while by slowly letting off the key after it was in the start position. If I did it too abruptly, the motor would die right away. I guess there was a bad contact inside the switch.

solenoid is bad

i had a similar prob the solenoids go bad in these cars due to exhaust heat i ran a solenoid relocation kit and 2ga wire inside of 3/4 in heater hose to the new starter and it works great. good luck