Yes ! It is very possible!

WE4

TBcom Admin /Prayers NYFD/NYPD
Racer X
Road Racer

A Forum for Suspension upgrades
Would it be possible to have a dedicated Forum for Chassis, Brakes, and Suspension? There seems to be an increase in traffic on this subject and I think it would be a benefit to have such a Forum to make it easier to find these topics.

What does everyone think?

We are working with Baer Brakes right now
There will soon be a forum containing this. Keep watching.

WE4
Bruce
TB.com Admin

What about just renaming the Drag Racing forum? There is a lot of info already in there and I would guess most of it prolly is on suspensions, too..
What topics would be covered in the Drag Racing forum anyway?

Either way I think a Suspension forum is needed...

Hey BM computer source, what track was that at? I used to do what was called PCDE(performance car driving event) back when I lived in the midwest. Mostly at Heartland Park in Topeka KS back in the 90's with my GN. Now that I'm here in Florida I was thinking it would be fun to try it again. If it was me out there I would have passed the Corvette too. What happened? Or were you playing by the rules. I always took top time of the day beating just about every Vette,Porche and Viper that bothered to show up. Any body out there also competing in Solo 2 or autocrossing their TR? Maybe I should stop talking and post the build up of my GN. Look for a humble recipe of my ride as soon as I figure out how the post some pix so you guys can see how easy it is to make your TR handle. Thanks Eric Fisher

Hi Guys. If you want to see the curves, I'll have to send you a CD from the in - car camera. It was at Sebring, a 3.7 mile track with 17 turns and 2 really nice long straights. The back stretch is 8/10 of a mile long (with an entry speed of about 40-65 mph) and I hit 140 MPH on that area. The front stretch is almost as long, about 1/2 mile. (the video was shot there). The ZO6 and I had fun for several laps, playing cat and mouse. My GN was setup for handling with poly bushings, eibach springs, etc... I hung with him nicely and any time the road straightened out at all I would pull up on his rear. Turns out he was a nice guy. Sebring is in central florida, and an excellent track. This was a HPDE (high performance drivers education) day. I'll be going again soon, in a few months or less. Got to test out the TTA ! :)

Hey BM Computer Src,

What kind tires do you run? What is your spring rates and what sway bars are you using?

Do you have any problems with the Power Steering getting too hot?

Count me in! I've done autocross in another car and would like to do more with my wagon, but it's almost nonexistent where I live now. I do have two road courses nearby (Buttonwillow and Willow Springs) so I'm hoping to do some open-track events soon. Great to see this new forum!

Originally posted by Matt Weiser
....I do have two road courses nearby (Buttonwillow and Willow Springs) so I'm hoping to do some open-track events soon. Great to see this new forum!
Why don't you come out and see us?

Open Track Racing.com

Our next event is July 23 at Willowsprings. For $125.00 you get a TON of track time, all you can eat BBQ lunch, and we even throw in a shirt:D We also offer classroom instruction if you need it. ;)

Matt,

This is how it goes:

Monday you show up for work with an ever so slight headache and a sniffle.

Tuesday comes along and your justa wreck. Headache, fever, bodyaches, etc...

Wednesday comes and you are so sick the only thing that will help you at this point is adrenaline. So you go to the track for 2-1/2 hours of track time.

You go to work on Thursday and the Boss remarks at how much more productive you are.;) You finally get that raise!:D

Racer X, the combination on my GN is all four springs are ILE parts(got them free from a American Sedan racer) with the fronts trimmed down about 1 1/2 coils and the rears trimmed about 1/2 coil. I think that still figures out to 675-700 lbs on the front and 135 lbs in the back. There is no dive in the front and every once in a while an outside tire will unload but it is controllable if you vary your breaking points going into a corner. I use the 36mm hollow sway bar on the front with a stock one in the back. I use some trick adjustable Guildstrand Engineering links on the front so you can pretty much dial in as much extra damping as you need. I used to run DOT type race rubber( BFG Comps, Hoosiers,etc) but I tend to drive a little to agressively and would cord them after about 100-150 race miles so I switched over to Bridgestone RE71 and Yokohama AVS's with a 140 treadwear rating and I get the same results(lap times) and I can get a set of tires to last a season easily, thats about 1000 race miles even thought I dont race that much in a season. If I can get some track time in I would like to try a different spring and bar combo that I have been building for a 455 Regal that is a lot softer on the spring rates but should yield the same results. I'll try to keep everyone posted. Eric Fisher