"Y" cord orifice ?

blackplague

Are you watching Phil?
This is probably going to be the most ridiculous question but here it goes. Does the "y" cord orifice go to the compressor or waste gate? I've been milking the new turbo install and had a memory relapse. Thanks guys. :D

compressor-make sure you have about a .050" orifice if a gn and a .026" if a turbo ta.

FRom the solenoid, the straight part of the 'y' goes straight to the turbo compressor, and the other branch goes to the waste gate.

Originally posted by 49-blues
compressor-make sure you have about a .050" orifice if a gn and a .026" if a turbo ta.
Hang on, there's a different size on the TTA ??? I knew at some point a vendor had been sending out the wrong size, but did not know the TTA required a different one than a GN, why wouldn't they be the same since they are the same motor/ECM basically?

Thats probably why my TTA was over boosting as I did change it with some spares I had for the GN, but is was way overboosting before because the hoses were cracked in half so I didn't think much of it, I just adjusted the arm further...

I had thought that GM goofed. I am surprised that the ta and gn are diffrent

Originally posted by 2QUIK6

Hang on, there's a different size on the TTA ??? I knew at some point a vendor had been sending out the wrong size, but did not know the TTA required a different one than a GN, why wouldn't they be the same since they are the same motor/ECM basically?

Thats probably why my TTA was over boosting as I did change it with some spares I had for the GN, but is was way overboosting before because the hoses were cracked in half so I didn't think much of it, I just adjusted the arm further...

2QUIK6, check out John Pearcy's site www.johnsperformance.com
There's a bit about it on the home page, or go to the online catalog and search for [snicker] orifice. Or orfice - I think it was misspelled in one place.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6

A GN orifice would make a TTA boost less, not more. The johns performance site says the defective orifi have a diameter of .026 while a GN is supposed to have .050 and a TTA is supposed to have .040. I have no idea what came from the factory with a .026 (I would bet its just a mistake), but this will cause a car to overboost vs. a stock sized orifice.