Xr wins again

maxboosteric

Went to the 1/4 mile and again got to race a gn.
My friends gn ran 13.6 at 100 with ET streets and 2.0 60'(brakes wouldn't hold more than one pound)
My XR4Ti went 13.4 at 104 on slicks with a 2.03 60' I'm useing stock drivetrain so I brought it out easy.
It was close in frist gear but than I pulled him pretty bad in 3rd.It would of been really close if he had boost at the line,maybe even beat me. But he didn't so I got the rights for now.On the street I can beat him but we thought the 60' might even it out.O-well it will be killing me soon enough when we start the downpipe and other work.
He got hooker ex. no cat,red 93,xp pump,18 psi,cone filter.
I got ported exhaust man.port intake upper and lower,front mount,3 in dp and ex,cone filter,255 pump,alky injection, t-3 turbo with gn intake wheel and housing,22 psi.
I got alot done, more than him but its fun and I would really like to see him beat me.We spent alot time messing around with our cars and good result make you feel like it was worth it.

Sounds like ya got alot done compared to him. Maybe just the d/p will have him beating ya by a li'l bit anyways. They really help our cars alot. Was he running race gas or pump gas?

Its a German Mercury Merkur 2 door with the ford 2.3 turbo motor and 5 speed. Same drive train as the SVO Mustang.

Really its a german car that ford imported and has the same engine as a svo mudstain, accept for intercooler there is none on the merkur stock.The drive train is all its own with independent open rear and a T-9 tranny 5 speed. Stock hp is 175, stock on svo is 210.
No he wasn't running race gas,but come on I know this buicks are bad ass you don't have to tell me that.Ours will be running again by the end of the month.Best time on the t-type is 11.6 at 116.The merkur is the daily driver and racer when the buick is down.A ford will never be # 1 with me.

My brother used to have an Xr4ti. It was so funny the way people looked at it because nobody had any clue what it was. Its even worse than any GN or TTA as far as anyone knowing what it is. Anyways My brothers had an intercooler and an exhaust dump. What ever else it had done to it maybe we never figured out, but it was one bad a$$ 4cyl. Really well handeling car to. You know we would have sworn the intercooler was stock. Are you sure the never made any with an intercooler?