Xr spanks the GN

maxboosteric

Sorry guys I'm a true turbo guy and left the GN at home this time.I have a Merkur XR4TI and we raced the 1/8 mile.Even through the 60' (spinning) than pulled him the whole way.Our times were,Xr 9.2 at 81 and the GN 9.4 at 76.He had reds chip(93) ex,cone filter and street tires like me.I have many mods too more than him but its fun racing with and against the turbo buick.
Race hard

well is the reason why you beat him

he for one, is rear wheel drive, you on the other hand are,allwheeldrive, his car prolly weights about 1,200 pounds more than you, and thus making him spin more than you, and not moving at all, you where spining , but moving, he was moving but really really slow... :) but nice kill.

My boss has an XR4TI with an aftermarket intercooler, borla exhaust and BBS wheels. He's never mentioned wanting to race me, though. :)

Man I wish I was allwheel drive that would of been like a mid 8 sec run.And for wieght, I weigh 3000 with me and him prob. 3800 so yeah I have the wieght advange, and I'll gladly take that advange anytime.

hehehe that gN prolly sucks

cause i run 8.4 in the 1/8 of mile and this is with radials.. leaving with 3 pounds of boost and WOT after the 60 foot trap..

Damn, I've seen a bone stock TurboT run those times. Good kill, anyhow. He sure had a slow mph(76) for all the spinning he did.

Wicked87GN, your signature says you have a 3 foot Terry Houston downpipe, a 3 foot Terry Houston cut out and a 3 fool stainless steel exhaust!!! That thing MUST flow like crazy!!! :D :D

cool cars

maxboosteric, could you tell us some about your car? I've always like those XR4Tis, they're cool looking cars and a lot of people (me even) know little about them. Good race, sounds like you had fun. I gotta warn you though, not many GNs out there run 9.4 1/8ths ;) You got any pix of the Merkur?