XP Professional -Active X window pops up?

Bobtempest

Staff member
I have XP Professional and a problem I cannot solve. This Active X window pops up at times and it states that Active X is not enabled and the page may not load properly.
There are sites at times that gave me a problem.
I have checked all the little blocks to enable it, but nothing ever helps.
A few sites will not load.

I am at the end of my rope with this. Can anyone please mail me a window by window steps to correct this? I am not the best at computers but I with a little help maybe I can fix this problem. You just do not not know how much I have spent trying to correct this.

Active X is part of I.E 6. You may have to upgrade your browser, or it may be a seperate Active X plugin. The next time that window pos open see if it's asking you to download a new plugin. If not try to upgrade I.E by doing a windows update, you will have to select the I.E upgrade from the rest and run the installation seperately.

Good luck

If you tell XP to "automatically" download Microsoft updates, you'll always have the latest of everything. :)

Try this.

Click tools - then click internet options then pick the security tab and set the security to the lowest setting and see if the page load for you.

Steve

Originally posted by V6 Beast
Try this.

Click tools - then click internet options then pick the security tab and set the security to the lowest setting and see if the page load for you.

Steve

I tried this, but no change.

See if this is pertinent in any way......

Have you run into the situation where you go to a Web site and a dialog box pops up and asks you if you want to "always trust ABC company?" This happens when a site tries to download some software, like an ACTIVEX control. This dialog box pops up when the site has something called a "digital certificate". The purpose of the certificate is to identify the site and ensures they registered their identity with a trusted third party. You might have said "yes" to "always trust" stuff from a particular site and now you want to "untrust" them. If so, here's how:

Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools menu. Click the Internet Options command.
In the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Content tab.
On the Content tab, click on the Publishers button.
In the Certificates dialog box, you should be taken to the Trusted Publishers tab. Click on the Certificate you want to remove and click the Remove button. Confirm that you want to remove it and then click Close.
Click OK in the Internet Options dialog box.
Now you won't automatically trust that site and you'll be provided with a dialog box each time that site wants to install stuff on your machine.

Mickey