XFI/XIM no start

srz

Recently I did an XIM install w/ LS2 coils and have had issue after issue w/ it. Cam sync is from a converted 0pti and FAST crank trigger...it's on a 93 LT1, F1 S/C, 96 injectors. Initial install the car would fire instantly and cut off as I had no cam signal, this got progressively worse to the point of a no start. Sent both the XIM and XFI boxes back as I didn't know if they were the problem. Motherboard on XFI had corrosion and replaced and XIM had jumpers J4 and J5 bad. Reinstall and now have a cam signal, cam sync flag reads between 0-1 when cranking, inj LED's on XFI are firing and have spark according to btdc readings but I will double check that. Car still will not fire, not even a hiccup. Having crank ref angle set to 50* btdc but I will do it over as well just to be sure.

When looking at the bpw (ms) w/ key on only it reads 6.0 but when cranking it goes to zero even though the LED's flash during this time. Put a noid light on the inj's and the light is dim to non exisitent. I've got 10.9 volts when cranking as well. My TPS reads 76 at key on and that should be at zero or close to it, right? Bad TPS sensor or can I check the box for auto-calibrate and see what happens? I'll try and post a log of it later today.

When I loaded an ict for my inj's there wasn't a 96lb set in there but plenty of 95's so I just used holley's I believed ict. What difference is there betweeen all those sets of inj ict's and could this have any affect? I reflashed the XIM upon receipt from FAST as well as the XFI and uploaded my tune just to be sure. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Update. I checked off the tps auto enable box and that fixed the tps. After going over the help files it said anything over 80 is flood mode and that explained the dim inj lights on the xfi. Bright now but I still have a FCS fault and if memory serves me that's inj related correct? I can't find it anywhere but I swore I've seen it before in the help files. It'll hiccup now so that's progress whereas before I got nothing. My fp is 43psi during cranking but droppin the longer I crank it so that isn't helping either. Not sure if it'll go back to 43 if I get it actually running which I believe it will but if it doesn't then that points to a bad diaphram, maybe? Fuelab afpr is what I am using. Why is inj dc 0 and my bpw (ms) frozen at 6.1? Here is a log if anyone is interested in veiwing it. Have to rename it log as it wouldn't let me load it.

Silas,

Attachments

• teststart.txt
    12 KB · Views: 95
You might have to try the fast forum, I'm not too experienced with the XIM you may have to get in contact with Cal Hartline.